two

Seokjin picks you both up from detention.

"I swear, the both of your are giving me gray hairs." He grumbles as you enter the car.

Taehyung laughs in response. "You'd still look very very handsome with gray hairs."

Jin rolls his eyes at his remark. "Flattery won't get you anywhere young man. And you're just stating facts." This gets a chuckle out of Taehyung.

Jin arrives at his house and drops him off.

"Get ready for your birthday surprise tomorrow." Tae smirks at you, leaving the car.

"Well now it's not a surprise anymore." You chuckle as he waves goodbye.

Once he's gone, the atmosphere in the car gets heavy.

"Y/n," Jin starts slowly. "I'm telling you, you really need to stop getting into so much trouble. There's only so much I can do as your brother." He says solemnly.

Your parents left you both 5 years ago the second Jin turned 18. This left Jin to take care of you, working multiple part time jobs day and night just to feed the both of you. Eventually, with the help of his friend Yoongi, he was able to land a stable, well paying full time job.

"I know I know." You mumble, looking out the car window.

"Please try and make this easier for me." He says. "I can't keep up with your craziness." He reaches over to ruffle your hair, looking over at you to give you a slight smile.

You return the smile before continuing, "I can't make any promises." You joke.

~ the next morning ~

You are awoken by singing.

Horrible singing.

"Happy birthday to yooOoOOu!" A few voices yell in contrasting pitches.

You slowly open up your eyes to see decorative balloons all over your room and your brother along with Taehyung standing at the foot of your bed with colorful pointy hats on their heads and party horns in their mouths.

Seokjin's friend Yoongi is there as well, less enthusiastic than the other two.

Yoongi lives with you both, he was the son of one of your parents friends and when your parents left, he thought it was his responsibility to help.

He's like another brother to you.

When they see you've woken up, they blow on the horns, making a loud annoying sound rip through the atmosphere.

"Happy birthday Y/nnie." Jin greets, tossing confetti onto your bed.

"Hm." You grumble, rubbing your eyes with the ball of your hands. "It's too early for this." You sit up in bed.

"We needed to wake you up first thing to see if your angel came before we go to school." Tae says.

"I don't feel any different obviously nothing happened." You roll your eyes. "I don't have an ang-"

Hiya

"What the fuck!" You squeal, surprised to hear an unfamiliar voice ringing in your head.

Tae smirks. "Did you just hear a voice?" He asks.

Jin's face lights up with apprehension.

You shake off the feeling, trying not to think anything if it.

"No I didn't." You grumble in response, dropping your head down to massage your temples.

Oh yes you did