one

A loud, piercing ringing tears you from your slumber. You reach out your arm and grumble as you slam it down onto your alarm clock to shut it off, slowly peeling your eyes open.

You sit up and turn over to the "puppies of the year" calendar hung on your wall, that your brother gave to you, and cross out another day.

You're about five and a half months into your senior year of high school and in a day, you'll be 18 years old.

The age where everyone presumably gets their "guardian angel."

You've never believed in that stuff, even if everyone older than you, including your own brother, had said they have one of their own.

It just doesn't seem possible.

You finally slide out of bed and sleepily drag yourself to your closet and snatch your school uniform, tossing it on without a care.

You leave your dress shirt untucked while a few buttons at the top remain unfastened, stopping right before the hem of your bra starts, exposing some of your chest when you move a certain way. You loosely lay the itchy tie around your neck and comb out your ruffled hair with your fingers.

You brush your teeth before grabbing your bag and your phone and head out to the kitchen to greet your older brother.

"'Mornin y/n." Your brother greets.

"Hey Jinnie." You greet back, grabbing a piece of toast from the toaster, quickly spreading a smear of jam on it before biting the corner.

Jin sighs, eyeing you head to toe. "Can't you at least make yourself look presentable for just one day?"

You shake your head. "Not gonna happen." You mumble, voice slightly muffled as the toast hangs out of your mouth.

All of a sudden, Jin starts chuckling out of no where. "Koya says you look like a hot school girl troublemaker."

Ahh yes Koya, his "guardian angel".

"You do realize you sound crazy laughing to yourself you know that right?" You point out.

"You'll understand tomorrow." He laughs in response.

Without another word, you both head out to the garage and your brother drives you to school.

"Ugh." You groan as he pulls up to the drop off curb. "Cant you just pull me out for today my amazing super handsome brother?" You bat your eyelashes at him.

"Totally." He says, unlocking the doors. "Bye now." he wiggles his fingers in the air, mockingly.

You roll your eyes and he laughs.

You reluctantly open the car door and drag yourself out, flipping him off through the window when you see that he's still laughing at you.

Out of no where, startling you, someone's arm slings around your shoulders.

"Heyyy." Your best friend Taehyung exclaims. "Guess who's going to get their angel in one day?" He flashes you his signature boxy smile. "You are!"

You roll your eyes and wriggle his arm off your shoulders, turning to the school, and walking to the entrance with him right next to you.

"I'm fully convinced the government is drugging everyone and you're all going crazy." You grumble as you open your locker to shove your books inside. "There's obviously no such thing."

Taehyung chuckles in response. "My sweet sweet y/n. Once you get yours, your life will change."

"Mhm." You hum sarcastically, slamming your locker shut. "Sure it will."