𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢. 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐠𝐞

Thursday. December 16th

When Artemis woke up, she was covered in a thick layer of sweat.

She fought sleep the previous night knowing that her annual nightmares would be on the prowl when she closed her eyes.

Daphne saw her dishevelled state and cursed herself for not burning sage in their shared room sooner.

The Seramore witch told her to keep calm, but that wasn't all.

She actual revealed to her best friend something that plagued her slumber.

Her father was laid out in the snow, doused in blood, his own blood, no insects surrounded him this time.

But she saw a pale face covered in a long black robe, looming over her father.

Its features were unclear, but the voice which spoke was almost familiar.

Artemis didn't know what to think, but the morbid dream made her suspect Voldemort.

She remembered the description of the dark Lord in the forbidden forest when Draco returned from his detention in the first year.

But since she didn't want to converse with him, she knew that there was someone else she could talk to.

Harry Potter.

***

LIBRARY:

Artemis was sitting across from the chosen one in the large room, having one of their annual tutoring sessions.

Dumbledore has suggested that she continued to help his prized possession because he had noticed him excelling during his lessons.

She was agitated by this, however, Snape ensured that she would only have to deal with Harry until February, of course, that change her mood, but she complied regardless.

So today she decided to make the most of her sessions but flipping the script and questioning the boy since that was all he decided to do with her.

He was taken back by her request, especially since he knew she was an advocate and that they only talked about their work and nothing else.

"It's only right I ask you questions when you did the same to me." she shrugged, their textbooks were laid out on their table.

She had already given him a small quiz she put together for him, discovering that he didn't retain information from just reading.

"That's true I guess," he nodded slowly, he glanced down at the parchment with 30 questions in front of him, he had completed half of them, "what did you want to ask me?" he squirmed uncomfortably, knowing whatever was on her mind, had to be torturous enough for her to ask him anything.

She clasped her hands and pondered her question, "In the first year, you and your little friends got detention right for being out of bed right?"

"And Malfoy," he added, wanting to see her reaction to the wizard. He wasn't overly invested in gossip, but he was present when Draco kissed Pansy, as were most of their year.

He was appalled and never wanted his memory to be erased more in his life.

He was surprised that Artemis didn't kill them both but he was curious to know if the Malfoy wizard spoke to her recently, especially since Blaise stopped him from running after her last time.

She suppressed the urge to roll her eyes, "Yes and Draco, but what did you see when you were alone?" she tried not to sound intrigued, but because he started to smile, she already knew he had her.