𝐥𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐰𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐢𝐠 𝐚𝐝𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞

Wednesday, April 15th 1998

MALFOY MANOR GARDEN:

"I don't wish to rush you, though, I must say we do have to be quick," Narcissa rushed out, wearing a small smile and prideful eyes, "choosing now to do this is an inconvenience... Draco don't give me that look, I know it's your big day but I want it to stay between us until this all hopefully washes over, now you, Arty my dear stand closer and Draco, my star watch your posture, now is not the time for to forget your teachings."

"Mother-"

"Start now!" Lucius snapped at his son, not maliciously just out of nerves, scared that they would be found despite the spell both he and his wife cast over the small archaic gazebo on their grounds.

Artemis shot her godfather a slight glare whilst Draco kept his loving gaze on her, completely in love and in awe of her being.

He couldn't believe it.

It was their wedding day.

Their unofficial wedding day. Celeste nor Klaus were there to walk her down the aisle. Daphne wasn't her maid of honour and, Blaise and Theo weren't Draco's best men. But Lucius gripped her hand as they sped towards Draco. No exaggeration, they were in a time crunch and had to act quickly. Narcissa made sure that small yet delicate fanciful dragons orbited them, the dragons themselves had engravings of the goddess Artemis. Get it? Everything was rushed but the engaged couple were content. Just as content as they could be at a time like this.

Only they would get married during a bloody war. Draco hadn't slept. A few months ago he had told his mother of his plans to marry Artemis before anything worse could happen and after the Dark Lord discovered that Harry Potter escaped under their watch they were practically dead. Dead men walking. He just couldn't allow her to slip through his fingers without feeling the bliss of marriage. We're above the stars, and they were. He chose today because it was between their birthdays. He couldn't get the idea out of his head since he had that daunting nightmare about her death, so he just made sure wedding chimes flooded his mind to overcompensate that.

So here they were, amongst nature. The moon shielded the sun and brought its stars with it.

Artemis shakily laughed as the beaming balls of fire winked at them. Draco kept smiling at her, he couldn't stop. They were surrounded by darkness yet all he saw was her. Just two lost kids having an awfully big adventure... in the presence of his parents.

"You look so...well put together," Lucius muttered, then looked away, wishing his best friend was present to see his little girl wed his little boy.

Narcissa wiped a stray tear, "Like your mother, who would hate me for indulging in such foolishness... without her."

The young couple ignored them and continued gazing into the others' eyes. The dress Artemis belonged to Narcissa. 20 years old and it happily fit into the young witch. A long-back black lacey dress, with blown-out sleeves and a subtle neckline. Black so it doesn't attract any attention, white might get us killed, she recalled her aunt's words. Draco thought she looked even more spectacular than before. Simple, the dress was simple and slightly dated but it worked. Don't worry, on our actual wedding day, you'll look like a princess. Not that she didn't feel like one now. Artemis thought he looked utterly handsome in his black suit, despite seeing it on him every day, it was perfect and it went great with his gell-less hair.

Artemis sniffled, "Daphne's gonna kill me, Theo as well, he wanted to be a bridesmaid."

Draco nodded, "Blaise would've mocked us-"

"The vows," Lucius spoke rather harshly, aware of the time and how much they were likely to have left.

Narcissa shot her husband a warning look, then promptly turned to the bride and groom attempting to hold back her tears. My little star is getting married, she gushed at the sight before her. Noting her quivering look, Lucius pulled out a handkerchief and presented it to her, knowing at some point he would need it too.