Chapter 54: Was it Everything You Wanted to Find?

💫 Drops of Starlight 💫
By Strawberry Moon Rose
🍓🌙🌹

We have arrived at the penultimate chapter! The next one will be the epilogue. This story's almost over, guys! :O

_________________________________
Chapter 54: Was it Everything You Wanted to Find?
_________________________________

Delicious sunlight poured through sheer curtains, basking the bedroom in a tranquil, morning radiance.

Usagi blinked dreamily, her eyes coming into focus. She was greeted by the sight of Seiya curled up beside her, wrapped partially in bedsheets. Her skin was glowing, skimming her own in a comfortable tangle of limbs. Soft tendrils from Seiya's ponytail poured over her bare shoulder, reflecting a shimmering hue of blue.

Usagi's eyes fell lower, glimpsing fractions of Seiya's naked body the sheets didn't cover. Cinematic memories of the night before flickered like a film reel through her head.

How about I become yours in another way too...? Seiya's voice replayed. How does this feel...? Right there?

Come for me, Bun Head.

Usagi felt a blush arise. With delicate fingers, she traced along the woman's temple to her jawline, marveling at how innocent Seiya looked now when Usagi had seen her make all sorts of new faces last night.

Despite her inexperience and nervousness, she still managed to learn some new things about Seiya with her cautious curiosity. Like the way the color pink was quick to flood her face, and how pleasing her nickname sounded breaking from Seiya's lips in a rugged cry. Usagi glided her fingertip around the shape of her magical mouth.

Countless times in the past, Usagi had studied Seiya's face, unable to consciously admit what emotions were elicited. Those forbidden feelings, she shouldn't indulge in. She had buried those sentiments deep within until a pivotal moment shattered the facade: when Usagi opened the door to find Seiya, unannounced after all these years, standing there with her hands in her pockets and a lopsided grin, and sparkling voice saying, Hey Bun Head. Did ya miss me?

Yes, Usagi thought, touching her lips to hers. I missed you, Seiya.

When she drew back, Seiya's eyelids fluttered open.

"Oh," Usagi said with a shy giggle. "Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you."

"It's alright..." Seiya smiled a smile so content its energy was contagious. "It's more than alright..." she purred.

Their mouths moved against each other's, bodies pressed intimately close in a comforting cuddle. As Usagi kissed her, she felt Seiya's dominant traits fall aside to something soft and vulnerable, mirroring moments they had shared the night before. Their noses touched, and for a moment they breathed the same air. Outside, the city began to wake: cars hummed to life, birds greeted the day, and the sun floated higher.

"Chibi-Usa will be up soon," Usagi whispered regretfully.

"Let's stay here until she is." Seiya interlaced their fingers, bringing their joined hands close to her chest. How she adored Usagi's hands, so delicate and loving.

For Seiya, simply laying there after last night was sublime. Every fragment of self-inflicting doubt had dissolved. She was enough. And she could feel it to her core.

Lying there, feeling the rhythmic rise and fall of Usagi's bare chest pressed against her own, heart to heart, and the innocent way one of Usagi's legs slipped between her thighs - it was heaven.