Chapter 6

Maya's pov

The next morning, as expected, I woke up with a massive hangover. My head was pounding like crazy and I could barely keep my eyes open.

I groaned as I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I then went down stairs into the kitchen and made some coffee. I was too lazy to actually cook something so I just had a banana for breakfast.

I searched the medicine cabinet for some aspirin to help with my horrible hangover and wanted to spend the rest of the day on the couch binge watching my favorite tv shows. Not thinking about the person who shall not be named.

But of course, half way through the first episode of The Vampire Diaries, my mind drifted back to last night with Lucas. I kept thinking about the kiss and the fact that we had sex. I felt a wave of guilt rush over me. If Riley ever found out, she would be crushed.

All of a sudden, my phone buzzed, interrupting my thoughts. I checked who it was and my eyes widened.

It was Riley. Could she know? How could she know? Did Lucas tell her? There's no way she knows, right?

I took a deep breath and calmed myself down before answering.

Riles: Peaches! How was the party? I wanna know everything! Meet me at Topanga's in 10
Peaches: Do I have to go?
Riles: YES!!!!
Peaches: Ok fine. I'll be there in 20
Riles: YAY! I can't wait!💕💕💕💕

I sighed, I didn't want to go, but if I don't go Riley would think somethings wrong and just come over. And I just wanted to be alone.

After a few minutes, I got myself up from the couch and went to take a shower. I decided to wear a grey crop top with a black leather jacket and shorts. I put on a little bit of make up and pulled my hair up into a messy ponytail. I then, put on some vans and grabbed my purse before heading out the door.

When I had arrived at Topanga's, I was a few minutes late. Riley, Farkle and Zay were already there. But I was just glad Lucas was no where to be seen.

"What up losers" I said while sitting down next to Riley.
"Peaches!" Riley smiled. "How was the party"
"It was alright I guess, there was a lot of music and dancing but that was it" I lied faking a smile and hoping she would drop it.
"Oh ok" Riley replied.
"So how was your guy's night?" I asked changing the subject.
"Farkle and I went to this awesome bowling place with his dad" Zay said excitedly.
"Please it wasn't that awesome" Farkle said as he got up to get some smoothies.
"Strawberry for Maya, pineapple for Zay and strawberry banana for Riley right?" He guessed.
Zay and I nodded.
"Actually I want blueberry". Riley said.
"Really? But you always get strawberry banana" I asked confused.
"Just trying something different" she replied, shrugging her shoulders.

After a few minutes Farkle came back with our smoothies and we spent the next hour talking. Well, they were talking. I was in my own world, thinking about Lucas. I couldn't get him out of my head no matter how hard I tried.

A few seconds later, I saw someone walk into Topanga's and sit in the seat in front of Riley and I. It was the person I was trying to avoid. I looked up from my smoothie and our eyes met. God I hate when that happens. That's a lie I love when it happens. But this situation was different, we hooked up the night before. And for the first time ever it was awkward being with him.

A few minutes had gone by and we were all still sitting awkwardly there, not saying a word.

"I.. I have to go my uh, my moms calling me" Zay said, pretending to get a text from his mom.
"I should go too uh, bye" Farkle said as he quickly walked out of Topanga's.

Now it was just Riley, Lucas and I. I couldn't take it anymore. Without saying a word, I ran out of Topanga's and didn't stop until I reached my apartment. I went up into my room, locking the door behind me. I stood there for awhile before bursting into tears and leaning by back on the door. I slowly sat down and hugged my knees, still sobbing. I buried my face in my hands and just sobbed for a few minutes before I thought I heard someone knock on my window.

I thought it was just the wind so I ignored it and kept on crying. Then I heard a knock again, this time louder. I slowly lifted my head up to see who it was.

It was Lucas. What did he want?