Chapter 8

Maya's pov

The next morning I woke up to my stomach doing backflips. I rushed to the bathroom and threw up the mac and cheese I had for dinner in the toilet. I figured it was just something I ate and washed out my mouth and went back to bed since it was 4 in the morning.

I woke up again to my alarm at 6:00 and dragged myself to the bathroom to get ready for school. I took a shower and went to brush my teeth but as soon as I tasted the toothpaste in my mouth, I had to throw up again. I rushed to the toilet and barely made it this time as I threw up my guts.

I sat on the bathroom floor thinking of what could be wrong with me. Was it something I ate? Or am I just sick?

Then my mind went back to the night at Alana Johnson's party, when Lucas and I had sex. I just realized that we didn't use protection. What if I'm pregnant?

I suddenly went from being sick to my stomach to being terrified. I can't be pregnant. I'm only 16. This would probably ruin my life. But if I am pregnant, there's only one way to make sure.

I got up from the bathroom floor and quickly got dressed. I put on a white crop top with a black leather jacket and blue jeans. I then took out the credit card Topanga gave me in case of emergencies and headed out the door to the nearest drugstore.

After a few minutes of walking I found a drugstore. I walked in and saw an elderly woman sitting behind the counter. She was the only one there as it was very early and I was actually really glad no one else was there.

I searched the aisles until I came face to face with what I was looking for. Pregnancy tests. I grabbed two of the most expensive ones because I need to be 100% sure if I am pregnant.

I walked over to the counter to pay for the tests. I handed the lady my credit card while looking at my hands. I really didn't want to get any judgmental looks from her. The woman gave me my credit card back and put the pregnancy tests in a brown paper bag before handing it to me, giving me a sympathetic look. I gave her the best smile I could and went back home to take the tests.

As soon as I arrived home I ran to the bathroom to take the tests. I read the instructions on the box very carefully before taking them. I set a timer for 5 minutes and started pacing around the bathroom.

I'm sure I'm not pregnant, I'm just overreacting right? Right. I'm just overwhelmed. There's no way I'm actually pregnant. But what if I am? What would Riley think? Would she hate me? And Lucas. He can't take care of a baby. He has so many dreams for the future and he wouldn't be able to achieve them if he had a baby.

As I was pacing around I heard the alarm go of which startled me. I stopped the alarm and looked at myself in the mirror. I took a few deep breaths before slowly looking down at the tests.

They both had the same results. Positive. I'm pregnant. I broke down crying. I sat on the bathroom floor hugging my knees with one of the tests in my hand. I texted Riley and told her I was sick so I won't be going to school today.

I just sat there crying thinking about all the worst case scenarios. My friends are gonna hate me for this. The Matthews are gonna be so disappointed in me. I'm gonna lose all my friends and I'm gonna be all alone.

An hour had passed and I was still sitting on the floor. I had calmed myself down but tears still slid down my cheeks. All of a sudden I heard a knock on the bathroom door. I knew it wasn't my mom because she's at work. It must be Riley.

"Go away Riles, I don't want to talk right now, I just wanna be alone" I yelled.

I thought she would leave me alone but a few seconds later the door burst open and it wasn't Riley who was outside.

"Lucas?"