Chapter 19

Maya's pov

After walking for a few minutes we finally arrived at the party. And, as expected, Lucas was already there. His eyes landed on mine and he walked over to us.

"Hey you made it" he said.
"Yup now lets party!" I replied.
"Okay" he laughed.
"So I heard your taking my best friend on a date" Riley said.
"Uh yeah, I am" Lucas replied while I stood there amused and curious about where this was going.
"Listen here, you better treat Maya like the princess she is and you better not hurt her, or else" Riley said, trying to sound threatening but obviously failing.
"What?" Lucas asked.
"What?" Riley replied looking confused.
"Or else what?" Lucas said again.
"Or else uh- I don't know, but you better watch it mister" Riley said and I burst out laughing.
"Ok honey, now let's go party" I laughed.

Riley and I linked our arms together once again and followed Lucas to the party. As expected there were a bunch of teenagers who were drunk or high and the place smelled awful. Luckily Zay had told Lucas to go upstairs so we did and found Zay and a few other people in, what looked like a game room.

"Hey look who made it" Zay exclaimed coming over to us.
"Guys meet Austin, Dallas, Zack, Angela and Callie" he said.
"Guys these are my friends Lucas, Riley and Maya"

"Well hello" Dallas said as he looked me up and down until his blue eyes landed on mine.
"Don't look her in the eyes dipshit she'll murder you" Zay said and smacked him on the head.

I smiled innocently and sat on a couch next to Zack and Callie, who looked somewhat terrified.

"Okay then, who wants drinks!" Austin exclaimed as everyone expected Riley and I cheered.

Austin walked over to the bar and made a few drinks before coming back and handing each person a drink. He handed one to Riley who had a very unsure look on her face but hesitantly took it. He then proceeded to hand me a drink but I shook my head.

"No thanks" I said.
Everyone in the room besides Lucas looked surprised at my response.
"Really? Maya who'll murder someone if they look her in the eyes doesn't drink?" Dallas replied with a smirk on his face.
"Yeah come on Maya just one" Zay said.
"No" I replied.
"Come on don't be a baby" Dallas teased as he took the drink from Austin and put it in my hand.
"Guys she said no leave her alone" Lucas said as he tried to walk over to me but was blocked by Dallas.
"Just one drink, come on babe" Dallas smirked.
"I said no!" I exclaimed as I threw the drink on the floor and left the room.

I wandered around the huge house trying to find someplace quiet I could be alone. A few minutes later I found a balcony and went over and looked at the view. There was a lake surrounded by trees and flowers. It was beautiful. I didn't realize but tears had started streaming down my face and I started crying softly.

I put my hand on my stomach and looked down ar it. It still looked normal. It didn't look like there was a baby in there yet but I knew there was. There was this tiny human being inside me and I already loved him or her so much. I didn't know I could love something this much but here I am, crying over the thought of accidentally hurting my baby, someone I haven't even met yet.

"I love you so much" I whispered.

"Maya?" I heard a voice say.
"Yeah?" I replied as I wiped my tears.
"What's wrong? Are you okay?" The voice asked and I realized it was Callie.
"I'm fine" I replied.
"Are you sure? You can tell me ya know, I know we just met but you can trust me" she said with a sincere look on her face.

I thought for moment before replying.

"No, no I'm not okay. I'm 16 and pregnant. My best friend doesn't even know. I want to keep the baby but the truth is I don't know if I can handle that much responsibility. I can barely even take care of myself how am I supposed to take care of a whole other human being. I don't even have a job or any money. I don't know what to do" I said as I started crying again.

Callie just simply hugged me and told me it was going to be okay.

"Shh it's okay don't stress so much it's not good for the baby or you" she told me.
"Yeah, yeah your right" I replied and broke away from the hug to wipe my tears.

"Sorry to put all of this on you, I guess I've just been telling myself I'm okay when I'm not but I really am trying" I told her.
"It's okay Maya, and it's definitely okay not to be okay, I believe in you, I know you can do this" she replied.
"Thanks"
"And hey if a job is what your worried about, my moms best friends daughter is looking for a babysitter for her sister, I could give them your number if you want" she said.
"Yeah that'd actually be great" I replied.

I gave her my number and she texted me the information.

"Thanks for doing this, you really didn't have to" I said.
"No problem and if you ever need anyone to talk to feel free to text me anytime" she smiled.
"Thank you Callie"
"Your welcome, now let's go back inside, your friends must be worried about you"

We walked back inside and found everyone except Dallas in the game room. Riley immediately ran towards me and hugged me followed by Lucas who asked me if I'm okay. I told them I was okay now and that I just wanted to go home. Lucas offered to drive Riley and i home and we accepted.

When we made it to Riley's house she asked me if I wanted to sleep over and I said yes because we haven't had a sleep over in a while. We went inside got changed and immediately plopped down on Riley's bed and fell asleep.

Authors note
Thank you guys for the kind messages, I'll definitely continue to write this story. There's definitely going to be some plot twists so be prepared.
Now, team lucaya, rucas, rilaya, markle, riarkle or joshaya 👀👀