Chapter 15

Maya's pov

Unfortunately, the sun rose. And we all know that means we have to wake up.

"Maya, get your lazy butt out of bed! You have school!" mom yelled.
"Alright I'm up!" I said sleepily.
"Wait why are you home?"
"I got a new job remember. Now I'll be here to wake you up for school every day!" she exclaimed.
"Yay" I said sarcastically and made my way to the bathroom.

I took a quick shower and brushed my teeth using the strawberry flavored toothpaste, which didn't make me sick, thankfully. I went back to my room to get dressed. I normally don't try to look nice when I go to school, but I realized in a few months, I wouldn't fit in any of my clothes. So with that thought I decided to wear a maroon cropped t shirt with black leggings and converse.

Maya's outfit

After getting dressed, as I was brushing my hair a wave of nausea hit me

After getting dressed, as I was brushing my hair a wave of nausea hit me. I dashed to the bathroom and barely made it as I threw up all of my stomachs contents in the toilet. Soon after my mom came after me and held my hair back. After I finished throwing up, I flushed the toilet and got up to wash my hands and mouth.

"Is this gonna happen every day?" I whined as I popped a mint into my mouth.
"Yup but don't worry, I'll all be worth it in the end" she reassured me.
"I hope so" I sighed.
"Come on, I'll do your hair for you" she said as she walked back to my room.

I followed her and sat on a chair in front of my full length mirror while my mom braided my hair. After she was done we went to the kitchen to have breakfast. I was disappointed when mom told me I couldn't have coffee while I was pregnant but she got me chocolate milk so I was satisfied. She made us both omelettes and sausages.

After breakfast mom offered to drive me to school, to which I accepted as long as we picked up Riley too. She agreed and drove us to Riley's apartment first. I obviously went up through the fire escape but mom went in through the front door.

"Hey honey" I said as I entered Riley's bedroom.
"Hey peaches" she said and hugged me.
"Ready?" I asked.
"Yup, but do we have to go? I really don't wanna walk today" she whined.
"Well todays your lucky day cause we're not walking there, my moms driving us there" I explained.
"Isn't your mom at work?" She asked confused.
"Nope, she got a new job" I told her.
"That's great peaches" she said and I nodded.

We walked downstairs to the kitchen where my mom and Topanga were talking. They smiled when they saw us and Topanga hugged us. After Riley had breakfast we got into moms car and she started driving us to school. Riley and I sat in the back seats while we listened to songs from a singer named Sabrina Carpenter.

"Ya know you kinda look like her" Riley said.
"What? No I don't" I replied.
"Yeah ya do, you literally look like you could be the same person!" she exclaimed.
"I don't see it" I said and continued to listen to her new single Fast Times. (Go stream fast times like rn)

After a few minutes we made it to school, we said our goodbyes to my mom and headed in. We went to our lockers to get the stuff we need for our first class.

"What class do we have?" I asked Riley.
"Health" she replied.
"Ugh, I hate health class" I groaned as I got my health book and stuffed it in my bag.
"I think it's helpful" Riley replied as she closed her locker.
"Whatever you say Rileytown" I sighed as we walked into health class.

When we got to health class we sat in our usual seats. Luckily, we sat next to each other in this class. A few minutes later Ms.Anderson arrived and started the lesson.

"Alright class today we are gonna be learning about sex ed" she said.

I don't really know what she said after cause I zoned out. I was just about to fall asleep when...

"Maya!" Ms.Anderson yelled.
"I didn't do it!" I yelled back as I whipped my head up from the table.
"Maya, you need to pay attention" she scolded and went back to the lesson while I tried my hardest to listen.

"Now, as I was saying, when a girl and a boy have sex without using protection, sometimes the girl ends up getting pregnant. Which is why it's so important to use protection. Or better yet, don't have sex until your married. Now, in the event that a girl does get pregnant as a teenager the father usually doesn't stick around, your parents are gonna disown you, you'll lose all your friends and your life will be ruined. So never have sex!"

I was shocked at what she just said. I looked around the class and my eyes landed on Riley. She had a horrified and almost scared expression on her face. Ms.Anderson was gonna say something again but thankfully the bell rang and everyone basically ran out of the class.

Oh boy, I am so glad she doesn't know I'm pregnant. She probably would've humiliated me in front of the whole class. I never liked Ms.Anderson but I'll admit I was a little hurt at what she said.

The rest of the school day was a blur. Until finally it was time to go home. Lucas offered to drive Riley, Farkle and I home to which we all happily accepted. He took Farkle and Riley home and then started driving towards my apartment.

"How are you?" He asked suddenly breaking the silence.
"I'm good" I replied.
"You sure?" He asked again.
"I'm fine huckleberry" I said and rolled my eyes.

I looked out the window and realized we had stopped outside my apartment complex. I was about to get out but realized I would be home alone. I normally wouldn't mind but I really didn't want to be alone today for some reason.

"You wanna come in?" I asked Lucas.
"Yeah sure" he replied.

He parked his truck and we walked up the stairs to the apartment. The rest of the day was spent watching movies and eating a bunch of snacks until my mom came home.

"Hey babygirl, how was school?" My mom asked as she sat down on the couch next to me.
"Boring, how was work?" I asked.
"It was amazing" she said and went on and on about her new job.

She was about to get up when she opened her mouth to say something again.

"Oh I almost forgot, I set up a doctors appointment for you" she said.
"When?" I asked, suddenly feeling really nervous.
"In two days" she replied.
"Are you gonna come?" I asked Lucas nervously.
"Of course I will" he replied and I felt a little bit better.
"Don't worry babygirl, it's gonna be ok" mom said as she pulled me into a hug.
"Thanks mom" I said.
"Oh by the way dinners on the counter, you can stay if you want Lucas" she said.

Lucas decided to stay, so we got up from the couch and went into the kitchen to eat. After dinner Lucas went home and I decided to go to bed.

I was too lazy to take a shower so I just changed into some pajamas and plopped down on my bed. I wasn't really tired though. I looked around my room at all the drawings I put on the walls. It took a lot of work but it was worth it. Some of them were of my friends and I and the rest where random drawings of places I've went to, or dream of visiting one day. A lot were of nature. I soon drifted off to sleep.