Chapter 13

Maya's pov

After a bunch of boring classes, it was finally lunch time. I made my way towards the cafeteria with Riley. We got our food and sat down at a table. Soon after Lucas, Farkle and Zay joined us. Everyone had started eating but I just stared at my food in disgust. I decided to at least try something, so I picked up some of the mashed potatoes with a fork and slowly brought it to my mouth. As soon as I tasted I felt like throwing up.

"I'll be right back" I said as I quickly stood up and ran out of the cafeteria. I made it to the girls bathroom and thankfully, no one was there. I quickly went into one of the stalls, not bothering to lock it and threw up in the toilet. After a few seconds, I heard someone walk in the bathroom and mentally cursed myself for not locking the door. Suddenly I felt someone hold my hair back and rub my back. I didn't have enough energy to check who it was so after throwing up, I just leaned my back against whoever was there.

"Are you alright?" They asked concerned and I realized it was Lucas.
"I'm ok, just nauseous" I replied.

He helped me up and walked me over to the sink. I washed my hands and mouth and reached in my bag and pulled out a tin of mints and ate a few. I turned around to see Lucas still looking at me with a concerned look on his face.

"I'm alright huckleberry. This baby just doesn't like certain foods and smells and it ends up with me throwing up" I reassured him.
He nodded his head before opening his mouth to speak.
"Sorry I don't know a lot about pregnancy's. But if you need anything let me know"
"Actually I do, can you pick me up later and take me to the store?" I asked.
"Sure" he replied.

We both exited the bathroom and made our way back to the cafeteria and sat at the table again. I was kinda surprised when no one called us out on leaving and coming back together but decided to just ignore it. Soon the bell rang telling us to get to class. We all got our books from our lockers and made our way to history class, the only class that all of us are in together.

"Mr Minkus, Mr Friar, Ms Matthews, Mr Babineaux and Ms Hart" Mr Matthews called as we entered the class.
"Wassup Matthews" I said as I leaned back in my seat and put my feet on the desk.
"Who's ready for an exciting day of learning" he asked excitedly.
Everyone groaned, except Farkle who said "yayy"

"Ferdinand Magellan, what'd he do?" Mr Matthews asked as he began his lesson.
"First bull with a last name!" I yelled with my hand in the air.
"First man to circumnavigate the globe" Farkle replied.
"Who you gonna believe" I said and put my hands up in the air dramatically.

Mr Matthews ignored me and continued on with the lesson. While I was very busy doodling on my notebook until I fell asleep. I woke up to the sound of the bell ringing, so I got my stuff and went to the next class. To be honest I have no idea what we learned in the next classes since I either zoned out or fell asleep. As the last bell finally rang I stepped out of the hell hole we call school and waited until Riley came out. Once she did, we linked our arms together and headed to Topanga's.

"You have to at least try to pay attention in class Maya" Riley said as we walked into Topanga's.
"Whyy? They don't teach us important stuff anyways!" I whined.
"What yes they do!" She retorted.
"Really, when will I ever need to know about the first man who circumnavigated the world?" I said, giving her a look.
"Ya got me there" she said as we sat down.

I scanned the menu looking for something that seemed remotely good to eat. Even though we come here basically every day, I always order the same thing but a strawberry smoothie sounded disgusting right now.

"Hey girls, the usual?" My mom asked.
Riley smiled and nodded at her.
"Actually I'll get a tuna melt and a blueberry muffin" I replied.
My mom nodded and wrote down our orders. I knew she didn't question it because she knew I was pregnant, but Riley didn't so I had to quickly come up with an excuse.

"I thought you hated blueberries?" Riley asked eying me.
"I did but did you know your taste buds change every 7 years?" I said, remembering something I read in a magazine.
"Really? Wow that's so cool! Do you think I'll like olives now?" She asked excitedly.
"I don't know honey, I guess you'll have to try it" I laughed.
After a few minutes our food came and we quickly dug in. The blueberry muffin tasted heavenly and I mentally thanked my baby for making me like them.

"Hey kiddies" I heard someone say. I looked up to see Riley's uncle Josh, also my former crush. After realizing Josh was only ever going to see me as a kid, I decided to stop flirting with him and just be friends. Our relationship was better that way.

"Uncle Josh!" Riley exclaimed and got up to hug him.
"Sup boing" I said. Even though I don't have a crush on him anymore I'm never gonna give up the nicknames.
"Hey Maya" he smiled and sat in the seat across from us.

We talked for awhile before Josh had to leave and we decided to leave soon after. As we were walking to Riley's apartment I couldn't help but feel bad. Could you blame me? I slept with my best friends crush and now I'm pregnant with his child. If Riley ever found out she would hate me and I would lose my best friend.

After a few minutes we made it to Riley's apartment.

"Are you alright?" Riley questions as she studied my face.
"Don't worry, everything is fine, I'm always fine" I smiled assuringly and hug her before walking back to my apartment.