Chapter 20

Riley's pov

I woke up to my very annoying alarm at 6 in the morning. I groaned as I turned off the alarm and rolled over in my bed. I froze once I realized I wasn't the only one in my bed but then smiled once I realized it was just Maya. She looked so peaceful as she slept. Her eyelids covering her ocean blue eyes and her lips in a pout. I thank god everyday for her. I wouldn't be where I am without her. She's my best friend, my other half, the thunder to my lightning, you get the idea.

However, if only she knew the secrets I keep from her. The secrets I keep from everyone. No one knows. And I'd like it to stay that way. I don't want anything to change, I don't want to lose her. Oh Maya, if only you knew, life would be so much easier, but I can't tell you and you can never know.

My thoughts were interrupted as Maya started to stir in her sleep. I quickly laid down and messed up my hair before pretending to be asleep.

Maya's pov

I woke up to the sunshine in my face and birds chirping. I took in my surroundings and quickly realized I was in my best friends room. I smiled as I turned to look at her. Her hair was all over her face and her legs were sticking out of the blanket. I chuckled and moved her hair out of her face before deciding to wake her up.

"Riley" I whispered.
Nothing.
"Riley Matthews!" I whisper shouted.
I could see a small smile beginning to form on her lips and I realized she was awake.
"Rileytown!" I yelled.
This time she finally woke up startled and with a scream as she fell of the bed.

I immediately burst into a fit of laughter as she still lay on the floor confused. She slowly got up and the look on her face made me laugh even more. She pouted at me before jumping on top of me with her legs on either side of me.

"Why'd you have to scream" she whined.
"Cause it's fun" I giggled.
"Not for me" she huffed as she put her arms around my neck and hugged me as I hugged her back.
"Awe I'm sorry honey, will you forgive me?" I asked.
"No" she said like a little kid.
"Will you forgive me if I made you my special banana chocolate chip pancakes?" I asked hopefully.
"Yes!" she exclaimed as she got off me and started pulling out the door.
"Riley wait we need to get dressed first" I reminded her.
"Oh yeah"

I laughed at her as she went to her closet and handed me some of her clothes. She went to get ready in her parents bathroom while I went to her bathroom. I shut the door before taking off my clothes and jumping in the shower. I quickly took a shower and got dressed. I took out a spare toothbrush from one of Riley's drawers before realizing that if I use normal toothpaste I'll throw up, and I really didn't feel like throwing up today.

After contemplating for a while I decided to screw it and just use normal toothpaste. Big mistake. As soon as I tasted it I felt like throwing up. I rushed to the toilet and threw up. Afterwards I flushed the toilet and decided to just eat a bunch of mints again.

I went back to Riley's room and looked at my outfit in the full length mirror. I was wearing black jeans and a shirt that had a bunch of flowers on it and it looked too fancy to be worn on a normal day in my opinion. Then again I honestly wouldn't wear it even if it was a special day. But it wasn't that bad so I just decided to leave it on. Minus the ballerina shoes. I am never wearing ballerina shoes after last time.

Maya's outfit

I exited Riley's room and made my way down stairs to the kitchen

I exited Riley's room and made my way down stairs to the kitchen. Riley was already there, leaning on the counter while on her phone. She was wearing a purple and pink sweater with black ripped skinny jeans and white sneakers.

Riley's outfit:

"Hey Riles" I greeted as I started getting ingredients for the pancakes

"Peaches! You look so cute!" She exclaimed.
"Thanks, this weird pink bubblegum princess chose it" I replied as I rolled my eyes.
"Where are your shoes?" She asked.
"Riley, there is nothing in this world that can make me stick my feet into ballerina shoes ever again" I said slowly as she pouted.
"Fine" She huffed as she crossed her arms and sat down at the table.

I chuckled to myself as I began adding the ingredients to a bowl to make the pancake batter. Most people don't know it but I actually love cooking and baking things. When I'm not in my room drawing or painting, I'm usually in the kitchen making up some new recipe. I find it relaxing to know that I have control of what I add or don't add to the food I cook. Because if I can't control my life I can at least control the food I make and eat while I live it.

"And done!" I exclaimed as the last pancake finished cooking.

I topped the pancakes with butter and syrup and of course, extra chocolate chips for Riley. I swear that girl would eat chocolate every single day of her life if she could.

I placed the stack of pancakes in front Riley and watched as her face lit up. She immediately grabbed the fork and started stuffing her face with banana and chocolatey goodness.

"Woah slow down Riles the pancakes aren't going anywhere" I laughed.
"It's just so good" Her voice was muffled by the pancakes as she spoke.

I just laughed at her and shook my head before eating my pancakes.

After eating and washing the dishes we decided to watch the latest episode of Red Planet Diaries.

"So... whaddaya wanna do now" I asked as the episode ended.
"Hmm, wanna go to the park?" Riley asked and I could already see her shaking from excitement.
"Why not" I replied and it basically let off a bomb as my best friend started jumping on the couch before she grabbed my hand and started dragging me towards the door.
"Wait Riles I don't have shoes on" I reminded her.
"Oh yeah sorry" She replied sheepishly.
"It's alright pumpkin, wait here I'll be right back" I said as I quickly made my way to Riley's room before putting on the shoes I wore last night.
"Hey do you think we can stop by my place first so I can get more comfortable shoes?" I asked as I returned to Riley.
"Sure, now let's go!" She exclaimed as she grabbed my hand and dragged me out the door before locking it behind her.

We talked about random things as we walked hand in hand. Conversations always came easy when I'm with Riley, we always have something to talk about even though we basically spend every single day together. We came to a stop in front of my apartment and I told Riley to wait outside as made my way inside and quickly changed my shoes and also grabbed my tote bag that had my sketch book and color pencils before making my way back to Riley. We linked our arms together as we started walking to the park.

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while, my exams are starting soon 😬
Anyway, how are you liking the story so far?
And for those of you who voted for lucaya in the last chapter get ready for a whole lot of drama