2. LOOK WHO'S BACK IN TOWN...

"Zayn?" asked someone behind him, so he turned to see who that was.
"Liam Payne, my best friend from school!" he smiled, checking out the grownup boy standing there in front of him.

"How are you?" Liam asked, after hugging Zayn.

"Oh well, fresh news: I have to marry in a month.. but I don't know who I'll marry."
Liam gave him a "wtf" look: "I thought you were the one who was going to be single forever."

Zayn laughed. "That was my plan, but you know, my parents aren't here anymore and I guess my grandfather just wants to live peacefully the last years of his life," Zayn explained to him, making a quick summary of the situation.

"So you have to marry to get to the throne," Liam said.
"I guess I was the only one who knew nothing about this absurd law."Zayn wondered.

"Should I remind you that I have a degree in Law and that I actually liked the lessons we did here in class, while you just spent time drawing stuff on our desk?" Liam laughed at him and Zayn scratched his neck.

"Well, I must admit I used to hate them." he replied, with a grin, then added: "So... are you still doing good with girls? Maybe you could introduce me to someone.. to be my queen. And the country's."

"Do you have a laptop at home? I broke mine." Liam replied, getting a nod by Zayn. So they went back to the palace, chatting about Liam's experience at the college in Ireland while walking in the lovely alleys of the city.

"So, what do you prefer?" Liam asked Zayn while he opened the laptop he had left on his bed.

"I don't know... I mean, we are not ordering McDonald's." Zayn replied confused.

"Well, no, but you could think like that. I can show you some brunettes, gingers, blondies.. but you have to marry this one. When you're eating something, you can spill it out if you don't like it, but with a wife..."

" you have to accept and bear what you don't like, so there must be something she must have, you know, to counterbalance: wit, beauty, some skills, idk mate, it's not even the same thing as dating someone," Liam explained and Zayn hid his face in his hands.

 Liam was right, but he had no fucking idea. He had never thought of such things, much less in that absurd way."Show me someone, I'll follow my instinct. If it's still working, obviously." Zayn replied finally, handing him his laptop. 

Liam made some researches and they chatted randomly while Liam was busy doing his masterwork, finally showing Zayn a complete album of different girls with a resumed bio of each one of them.

Surely Liam had a good taste as he only proposed good looking girls from good families, but no one caught his attention.

"Then your only option is marrying a doll: they do what you say and never get you in trouble.» laughed Liam, making Zayn smile.
"Was that one the doll you were thinking of?!" Zayn asked looking at the monitor.

 Liam didn't show the last slide, but Zayn had seen the miniature: he could only see her blonde hair and her ice blue eyes, but Liam knew there was Gigi Hadid's name on it.

"Good choice, mate, she could be the one," Liam replied, looking through his phone for her phone number. "I have her phone number here, do you want me to call hi- oh, look who's back in town," Liam said quickly, not expecting to see a certain picture on his iMessage contact list. 

Zayn raised an eyebrow, curiously.

"He must have finished college, look at him in that coat, So Oxford style." Liam turned the phone to Zayn, showing him the picture of an elegant smiling man with luggage at the entrance of the airport of Genovia.

 Looking closely, Zayn recognised that man as Harry Styles, the guy always sitting in the backyard with a Bukowski book in his hands during the break at high school.
"Give me her number, but I've got to talk to my grandfather before I do anything."

----------

Finally, the second chap is complete :)