8. WATERY EYES

Genovia, the 27 of April.

Zayn woke up at dawn and soon got up and finished getting ready. He took another shower, brushed his teeth and then he took his wedding suit from the wardrobe. It was a blue Armani suit, completed with a white shirt with his initials on his hip and a slim dark blue tie.

 He checked himself in the mirror, fixing his hair in a nice quiff and put some Burberry perfume on.
He got out of his room and he noticed that there was no one in the corridor. As he got on top of the stairs, he could see from above how everything had been set.

 It was mesmerising.
He went in the kitchen to grab some cookies or a croissant, he needed a little quantity of sugar in his veins to deal with such an important day.

His grandfather was having breakfast too and, as he saw him, he reached out for him and hold him tight in his arms. He looked so emotional.
«You look so handsome, son.» he said, checking him out.

«Thank you. You are amazing, too.» he replied with a smile, the first he had made in days.
They quietly made breakfast and then went to the little church behind the palace together.
The Cardinal of Genovia was designed to conduct the wedding. 

All of the people were gathered in the church, sitting on the benches without leaving a blank space. It was rarely so crowded and those people were all invited to the wedding: in fact, journalists and cameramen were outside the church.

 Everyone stood up as Gigi entered inside holding in her right hand her father's. They slowly walked through the nave and, as they got to the altar, Gigi's father handed his daughter to Zayn.
She was stunning, wearing a long, tight white dress that make her look like a greek goddess.

At least, Zayn could say he was lucky to have such a nice girl. They probably looked like a beautiful couple, but he couldn't say that.
The Cardinal made everybody take a seat, as he began to talk. 

«We are gathered here today in the sight of God, and in the face of this company, to join together Zayn Malik and Gigi Hadid in holy matrimony; which is an honourable estate, instituted of God, since the first man and the first woman walked on the earth.

 Therefore; it is not to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly, but reverently and soberly.
Into this holy estate, these two persons present come now to be joined.
If anyone can show just cause why they may not be lawfully joined together, let them speak now or forever hold their peace.» he stopped, just for a formality.

«I want to speak.» somebody said.
Everybody turned their faces to see who had spoken. In the middle of the nave, there was Harry Styles, standing in a beautiful Prince of Wales check suit, holding some pieces of paper in his hands.

«I am here to tell every single one of you that you all are forcing this man to marry this girl, even if you don't notice it. He is marrying her just to become king, to follow an old rule that no one is using anymore, but all of our politicians tried to bring it up once again, just to prove who's stronger.

 What I want to state is that there is no country in the whole world using that kind of law and it has been more than a century since it was last used by the royals in this country. Way before his majesty, the King.» he said, stopping like he was waiting for someone.

«For this reason, the parliament can't threaten the royal family. Our constitution says that if a law hasn't been used in 100 years, it loses its value.

 So, if our politicians want to use that law to force Zayn to marry, or maybe to not marry at all in order to abrogate monarchy, they have to be reformulated that law, to vote for it and, if it gets approved, it will be available for the future. 

But for Zayn, there is no law constricting him to marry, and there is nothing the Parliament can do against this royal family that has been a symbol of Genovia for years.» explained a very proud Liam.

«I have all the documentation that can prove what we are saying. Now, let those guys choose freely what to do of their lives.» Harry concluded, putting the documents on a bench.
Zayn wasn't really understanding but, as he met Gigi's eyes, he apologised to her. 

She smiled at him, caressing his cheek. «I'll be fine,» she said.
Feeling completely free, Zayn just felt his feet moving towards the two men. He hugged Liam, whispering a "thank you", and then he ran into Harry's arms.

«I am sorry, so sorry, for leaving you. But I had to make something to save you» Harry said almost in tears.
«You made it. You made it.» Zayn wouldn't stop repeating that phrase.

 He hid his face in his neck, making the fabric on Harry's shoulder wet from all of his tears. «You don't understand how much I love you.»
«Say it again,» Harry asked him.
Zayn raised his head, looked at him in the eyes and repeated: «I love you, Harry.».

Harry cleared his voice and sang with his low, deep voice, in the silence of a shocked crowd:
«For your eyes only, I'll show you my heart
For when you're lonely and forget who you are
I'm missing half of me when we're apart
Now you know me, for your eyes only.»

Zayn couldn't keep himself from getting watery eyes.