3. SOMEONE ELSE IN MY MIND

Genovia, the 3rd of April.

The king decided to throw a party so that Zayn could have an official occasion to show that he had met Gigi and so it would be easier to write a beautiful novel about their meeting and dating period for journalists, while the Maliks knew it would be fake. It was all planned, but they had to make it look real.

Zayn just made sure that Liam was invited, he wanted to thank him for solving his problem in a few hours that sunday. 

He could have been selfish and think about his own business, but he didn't hesitate, not even for a second, to help him, even though it had been years since they last met. 

Zayn thought he could really be considered a good friend.
About all the others guests he knew nothing and he wasn't even interested in it.

"You look handsome, mate." Liam greeted him outside his room, checking out that man standing in front of the mirror in a black suit, with a short beard and long hair with a quiff. 

Zayn grabbed his watch, checked if his piercings were alright and walked out with Liam, who was telling him about planning a bachelor party one of the nights before his wedding.
"All you can think about is partying, uh?" Zayn asked him and started laughing.

"C'mon, this little country is boring, we should do something fun more often," he replied.
"Fine, fine, but this one is a serious thing for two reasons: the first one is that I am getting married.. understand, married!" Zayn facepalmed, thinking about marrying in less than a month. 

He sighed and then opened his eyes right before getting into the ballroom."And the second one is that you'll be my best man."
Zayn and Liam exchanged a glance and smiled at each other, then highfived before joining the fray.

There were people everywhere, at least 300 of them. Men dressed in black or grey and women in pastel colours. There were members of the parliament with their families, nobles from all over the country and other random people.

 Zayn knew some of them, but he didn't really care about them, even though he knew it was important to be good at public relations.

He reached for his grand father, who hugged him very tight and told him in a mumble to dance with some random girl and then pick Gigi, not leaving her for the rest of the night. Zayn nodded, caressing the King's back before letting go of him.

 He waited for the musicians to play a song and he picked a brunette girl, the daughter of the finance minister in office, and danced with her for a couple of songs. Then her father asked her to dance and Zayn kindly left her. 

So, Zayn picked another girl, a curly girl with a light blue dress. She reminded him of a young adult Wendy Darling, so he gave her a smile and danced with her, chatting randomly. 

He didn't notice he was bumping into someone, he realised too late he had hit a guy in his back with his elbow. He turned, in order to apologise, but then froze, feeling Harry Styles green eyes firing him.

"First week back in my hometown and my future King already wants to kick me out," he said, smirking, speaking over the loud music.
"S-sorry." Zayn stuttered, leaving his Wendy alone and going to get a cocktail.

"Give me a bourbon, please. Double," he asked to the barman.
"Were you trying to replace your doll with that Wendy Darling girl?" joked Liam at his back, asking the barman for a vodka lemon.

"Even if I wanted to, I can't do that, you know it," Zayn replied.
"So why that drink? You've never been the type of guy who drinks whiskey randomly."
«Someone showed up," Zayn confessed, drinking a sip that made his throat soar.

"Could you make me a White Russian, please?" asked a voice at their back. Zayn and Liam turned to see Harry in his grey suit ordering a drink. They were just about to move and leave him enough space to get closer to the table when he added, in a strong British accent: "You know, it's rumoured that the future king likes them white and russian."

Zayn held his glass so tight that he almost felt his hand cracking it, but eventually he just drank his last sip of bourbon, put the glass back on the table and went out, looking for some fresh air, while lighting a cigarette.

He could he already know about Gigi, if they hadn't been close to each other? Zayn was already going mad, so he finished his cigarette in just a few deep breaths.
"Are you okay?" asked a gentle voice. 

Zayn got rid of his cigarette and nodded to the blonde girl smiling at him. She was tall and skinny and was wearing a dress from the Elie Saab's Pretty in Pastel collection. She was ethereal.

"I am Gigi." the girl introduced herself, giving him her hand. Zayn hold it tight and led her inside, asking her to dance on their way, and smiling at her everytime he made her do something a professional dancer would do.

 It was fun and he even enjoyed his night eventually. But when the party was over and he got back in his room, as soon as he undressed and got under the sheet, he realised he had someone else in his mind.

MY SCHOOL IS REOPENING  :( NO MORE PAJAMA DAYS... NO MORE COPING ALL ANSWERS FROM GOOGLE :(