4. DEAL

Genovia, the 4th of April.

Zayn and his grandfather were chatting and having breakfast together in the kitchen.

"Yesterday night was amazing, everyone had fun and I had forgotten how gorgeous it is to watch people be happy and being somehow the one who made them smile. I want to throw more parties, Zayn!" the King exclaimed enthusiastically.

"I saw you! You danced all night long, I didn't even know you could dance." Zayn replied biting a cookie." I was very good at it when I was younger. You know, your grandma used to turn on the radio every night, after dinner, and we would dance to every song. We had a lot of fun this way." his grandfather told him, making Zayn smile.

 He didn't remember his grandmother, she had died when he was only 4. "Oh before I forget about it again, we will have guests until your wedding. Actually, just one and you might even know him: Harry Styles." the King added.

Zayn almost choked himself with the cookie, coughing loudly.
"Why?" he asked.
"He is the son of the Prime Minister, did you forget about it?"
"And so what? Doesn't he have a house? The Prime Minister surely does." Zayn replied angrily.

"Calm down, son. They do have a house but the boy is about to finish college and he must do an academic study, more like reportage, for his dissertation." his grandfather explained quickly. 

"Since he studies in England to become a journalist, he thought it would be nice to introduce British people to our realm. Nowadays there are only a few monarchies left. So he's coming here to see what happens in the palace, he will attend some parliament meetings, he will make interviews and stuff. Basically, he will make a reportage about Genovia for his dissertation. The Prime Minister and the boy came here last week to make this proposal and I agreed. It's always me and you, I thought it could be a nice thing for everyone to have someone new around here, he made a good impression on me, so I invited him over for lunch. I decide, you obey now." he added.

"Great." Zayn groaned, getting up and leaving the kitchen.
He would have to deal with the presence of Harry for almost a month, so Zayn started thinking about what he wanted to keep private.

 Even though he had his private place near the beach, he had left pieces of himself all around the house because he knew that no one would touch his things, but with a stranger there... well, things were different.

He went to the library, looking for his old diaries. They were the first and most important thing to protect from prying eyes. He didn't want them to be there while Harry had free access to that room, so he grabbed them from a shelf and went into his own room, hiding them in between his classic books on the bookshelves.

Someone knocked at his door and he got told to reach his grandfather in the hallway to welcome the guest, so he went down the stairs noticing that Harry had already arrived.
"Don't make our guest wait for you!" the king shouted with a smile.

"It's fine, I can wait," Harry replied, as Zayn got into the room. They looked in each other's eyes, it was a very deep glance.
"Here I am," Zayn said. "Do you already know where your room is or should I bring you there?"

"The latter will be just fine. Goodbye, sir." Harry replied greeting the king and following Zayn up the stairs. They walked in silence the whole time. Zayn could feel Harry staring at him.

"There you are," Zayn said pointing to the door on the left side of the corridor. He opened the door and let Harry walk in, giving him the time to check it out and set his luggage.

"Oh well, I bet you have the stuff to do, I'm going-" Zayn turned away.
"You can stay," Harry mumbled while opening a bag he had put on the floor. But Zayn was already out of the room, heading to his own.