Prolog

As you sat in the magical river in New Mexico waiting to get your elemental power, your parents and brother stood there silently cheering for you. As small droplets of water rose from the water you kept your focus. You had to, if you didn't you wouldn't get much power. As a 4-year-old it wasn't that easy, but you had been practicing. 

As the water hit you and got you wet you sat there and took it, as you felt a burning sensation on your finger, you took it. As you felt a few pebbles hit your head, as each one hit you harder and harder, you took it. As you felt the wind try to push you over, you stood your ground. 

Once it was over. You heard many voices cheering you on. But then suddenly, a bunch of men on horses began to attack. Your parents put you and your brother in a wagon attached to horses and made the horses run, as you and your brother looked back with tears in your eyes. You saw fire and people "sleeping". That's what your brother told you. They were just sleeping. But as you got older you found out that they were dead. And so were your parents. Years later, you and your brother have been traveling, with the same wagon. 

You still had horses, your brother caught two wild ones and trained them. You and your brother finally came across a small river and some large mountains. Your brother, Carlos, only had water and earth powers. But you had every element as your "gift". And every element comes with an extra to the power. With fire, you can teleport. So you decided to teleport Carlos, yourself, and the wagon to the other side of the tall mountain. Once you got Carlos and your things on the other side, your eyes widened and Carlos did the same. You both saw the most beautiful village that you had seen throughout your journey. You both entered the town hoping you had just found yourselves a new home.

Author's note: Hey y'all- so this is the first book I've ever made like this, and I'm sorry if the chapters feel too short- I'm trying my hardest to give yalls somethin to read. So yeah! Thanks for reading the prolog and I hope you stay for the rest of the story! (sorry if there are any grammar or spelling errors!)