Ch. 2

It's been 4 years since you had your first and only interaction with the boy in the yellow ruana. You and Mirabel were both 15 now and you were still best friends. You knew every one of Mirabel's secrets and she knew all of yours. Except for your powers. That's right, you kept your powers a secret from your best friend! But tonight you were going to tell her everything. Even though that's what you have been saying to yourself for the past 10 years. But this was the year, this was the day you were really going to tell her. 

Since you spent the night at La Casa Madrigal with Mirabel in the nursery, you both woke up to the alarm clock that was in her room. You both shot up and gave each other a look as though you were both ready for the day, and you were. You both got up and grabbed what you were going to wear and went to the bathroom to put it on. After you two were dressed and ready to go, you and Mirabel stopped at the closed door and Mirabel looked at you then looked at the door and mumbled, "Make your family proud." 

As you exited the room you and Mirabel slid down the stairs, "Morning Abuelo!" Mirabel said as she slid past a portrait of her Abuelo Pedro. Once you both got down the stairs, you went to the table to help Mirabel put plates down. You both heard a little boy from outside. "Hey! When's the magic gift happen!" the boy yelled with a mug full of coffee in his hand. "Antonio's ceremony is tonight." You and Mirabel said. "What's your gift?!" The boy asked, you knew it was directed at Mirabel so you let her answer the question. "Who's asking?" Mirabel said with a smirk. "Us!" she got from the 3 kids standing outside. "Well 'Us', she can't just talk about herself!" you said, knowing what was about to happen. "Mmhm! I'm only a part of the amazing Madrigals!" Said Mirabel. "Who's all the amazing Madrigals?!" the kids asked with a hyper look on their faces. Mirabel rolled her eyes. "You're not gonna leave us alone are you?" Mirabel asked. 

"Casita help us out!" you said ready to break into song. "Drawers!" Mirabel yelled. "Floors!" You said right after her. "Doors!" you both shouted in unison. "Let's go!" Mirabel began, "This is our home, we've got every generation!" Mirabel began to sing. "So full of music, a rhythm of its own design!" you sang after Mirabel as you both knocked on the doors of each Madrigal. "This is my family, a perfect constellation!" Mirabel sang with enthusiasm. "So many stars and everybody gets to shine!" You and Mirabel sang in unison. "Woah!" you yelled as Mirabel continued the song, "Let's be clear Abuela runs this show!" She sang as Alma exited her room. 

"Woah!" you yelled again. "She led us here so many years ago!" Mirabel continued as the family members danced outside their doors. You couldn't help but notice that same kid that you met 4 years ago. "Woah!" you yelled once more as you regained your focus on the song. "And every year our family blessings grow!" Mirabel continued to the front door of the casita with you. "There's just a lot you've simply got to know so," you and Mirabel sang in unison. "Welcome to the family Madrigal!" Mirabel sang and looked at you to tell you to sing the next line. "The home of the family Madrigal!" you sang and Mirabel soon yelled, "we're on our way!" You giggled before you continued, "Where all the people are fantastical and magical, she's part of the family Madrigal!" You sang as you and Mirabel would walk down to the village, you saw the three kids. "Oh my gosh it's them!" they squealed in unison. All the kids started asking questions. "Alright, alright relax!" you said while giggling. "It is physically impossible to relax!" one of the children said. "Tell us everything! What are your powers?!" One of the kids asked Mirabel. "Just tell us what everyone can do!!!" A little boy yelled with a cup of coffee in his hand. "And that's why coffee is for grownups," you said as you took the cup away from him. Mirabel playfully rolled her eyes and started to sing again, "My Tia Pepa, her mood affects the weather!" Mirabel started as you chimed in, "When she's unhappy, well the temperature gets weird!" you and Mirabel sang as you both laughed a bit. "My Tio Bruno-" Mirabel started before she was cut off by the townspeople, "We don't talk about Bruno!"