Ch. 12

And that's when you realized, Erin wasn't just your brother's best friend, but he was the person your parents were going to match you up with, and it has been planned since you were 4.

              You couldn't sleep that night. Your parents and your brother had picked who you were to marry. Is that why your brother chased off anyone who tried to date you?! You were so curious as to what the h*ll was going on. But, that was a part of the religion you were a part of. Your immediate family had to decide who you would marry and at what age. How could you have forgotten...

You got up the next morning, you hardly got any sleep last night, and you didn't want to talk to your bother at all. You got dressed in some ripped jeans, a black blouse and you put on a gray ruana, as well as a green hat. As tired as you were, you would still look nice. You went downstairs and to the kitchen to make yourself some breakfast. "Morning," you heard as you walked into the kitchen. You looked up to see Erin standing there. "What are you doing here?" you asked bluntly. "Well your brother told me I should come here early and," he started with a nervous smile before you interrupted him, "Just tell me why you're really here," you said, starting to get a bit mad. You weren't mad at him, but you were mad at your brother for putting poor Erin up to whatever he was told to do. "Well if you were to..." Erin started with a shy and guilty look, "agree to go out with me today, he told me to be here early," he finally let out, "But we don't have to! If you wouldn't feel comfortable, you don't have to," he said frantically. You unclench your fists and sighed. "If it's what my family wanted," you started as you grabbed Erin's hands, "I'd be happy to give this a shot," you said as you wore a nervous smile. Erin smiled softly. You two spent the whole morning together, you cooked breakfast together, you obviously ate together. You two had a couple of long conversations and had decided that you both would go out for your date later that evening.

Later that day, just a couple of hours before the sun would set, you both went to a familiar hilltop, it was the same one that you and Mirabel used to go to every day. You stopped going there after you both were almost attacked by a wolf. There was a picnic blanket and a basket in the middle. "I prepared this before I came to your house this morning," Erin confessed, a nervous smile on his face. You giggled, "It's beautiful," you said as you grabbed his hand and pulled him to the blanket. You both sat down and enjoyed a nice lupper (lunch/supper).

                                                                             *Erin's POV*

As (y/n) and I talk, I look over her shoulder and see Camilo?! What was he doing here? I have to make a move so he knows that (y/n)'s mine. "(y/n), I like you. Like, a lot," I say, trying to speed things along. She blushed and said, "I honestly don't really know if I like you or not," she said while fiddling with her fingers. This is the perfect chance. "Then let me help you make up your mind," I say as I pull her in for a kiss...

                                                                              *(Y/N)'s POV*

As you and Erin talked, you saw him glare at something, but before you could turn around to see what it was, he stated the unthinkable, "(y/n), I like you. A lot,". You blushed, "I don't actually know where my feelings stand with you if I'm being honest," you said whilst fiddling with your fingers. "Then let me help you decide," Erin said before he pulled you in for a kiss just as the sun went to set. Your eyes widened as he kissed you. You eventually submitted to the kiss and closed your eyes as Erin tilted his head a bit to deepen the kiss. You didn't know whether you liked it or not. It just felt as though there was a missing piece to the puzzle you were putting together with Erin. You both pulled back from the kiss. Neither one of you said anything for a bit. "Let me walk you home," Erin said after a bit of silence. You nodded and got up, once you turned around to see... Camilo?! He was hidden in the trees with a shocked and wounded face. Erin was just trying to claim me as his and make Camilo upset. Once he noticed you saw him, he quickly ran away.

And you ran after him...

Author's note: Hiya! So I'm really sorry if this is a bit too short and it was really rushed and I was really tired. I also didn't exactly know how to write out this chapter. Like, I had the idea in my head but I didn't exactly know how to write it out. Kind of like when you don't know how to explain but you know what a word means and you have an idea of the definition but you just don't know how to word it- Anyways, I'm just talking nonsense now lol. Thank y'all lots for reading! (Sorry for any grammatical and/or spelling errors!)