Ch. 17

-(Y/n)'s Pov-

The boy started to cry harder, "It's not funny!" he yelled, "you can stop now... please stop," his voice cracked as he cried. And cried. And cried...

You stood. Just confused. Why is this boy crying? What is he so upset about? Why does he keep saying to stop joking? "I'm sorry sir... I... I don't know what's going on, but I need your help," you said trying to ignore the poor boy's cries. "Please... just stop..." he continued to beg you, to beg you to stop 'messing around' but you weren't. You didn't know him... you didn't know him, at all... right...?

-Camilo's Pov-

Why can't she remember... how can she forget the boy she had just kissed yesterday?! I came looking for her and found her but... she doesn't know who I am... "(Y/n)... seriously, this really isn't funny..." I tried to stop myself from crying, "You... really can't remember me?" I asked. "I'm afraid not..." she said I buried my face in my hands and tried so hard to stop crying. (Y/n) opened her mouth to say something but before she could say anything there was... an earthquake? We both looked at each other shocked. I still had tears in my eyes, I could tell that she felt bad and that she was trying hard to remember who I was... what could have happened. Another quake formed and soon there were cracks in the ground...

-(Y/n)'s Pov-

There were two earthquakes and now there are cracks in the ground... you and the boy both looked at each other, scared. You tried so hard to remember him... You knew his face was familiar- But you couldn't worry about that now. "What was that?!"

"I... I don't know," the boy said, worried now about the cracks and the quakes. "We should head to the casita, maybe..." he trailed off for a moment, "Maybe we can get your memory back," his eyes started to tear up again. There was another quake. We didn't waste any time talking, we ran to what the boy told me was the casita. Somehow you couldn't remember anything about it, but you could remember how to get there... Weird.

Soon enough, we got there to see an old woman yelling at a young girl as well as other people surrounding the area, there were people in yellow, red, and orange. As well as people in different shades of blue. There was only one girl in a pinkish purple dress. They all looked so familiar... Soon enough it clicked! Well, some of it... The old woman was Mrs. Alma and the girl getting yelled at was Mirabel! And you could remember all of the family members! All but one... the boy in the ruana... you tried, you tried so hard to remember but you really couldn't. you didn't have the time for that right now but you still thought about it. you finally tuned into what was going on, you didn't hear much else that was said, all you knew is that Alma was blaming Mirabel for things. "I will never be good enough for you... will I?" Mirabel asked, "No matter how hard I try," she paused for a moment, "No matter how hard any of us tries." She paused again, "Luisa, won't be strong enough. Isabella won't be perfect enough!" Alma opened her mouth to speak but Mirabel continued, "Bruno left because you only saw the worst in him!" Alma interrupted, "Bruno didn't care about this family!" Mirabel came back in, "He loves this family, I love this family, we all love this family, you're the one that doesn't care!" She now had tears in her eyes, "You're the one breaking our home!" Alma interrupted once more, "Don't you ever-" Mirabel stopped her, "The miracle is dying because of you!" There was silence as Alma made a face as she had just realized what she had done. 'That's my girl!' you told yourself in my mind. But that moment of silence was soon over. More cracks formed on the floor and the house started to fall. you heard Mirabel, "Casita, get me up there!" you then ran after her to help her. "(Y/n)! Don't! you'll get hurt!" you heard the boy you couldn't remember yell, but you ignored him, you had to help Mirabel. you chased Mirabel Up to where she was, her parents were yelling at her to leave the candle. "Here let me lift you up so you can get it!" you yelled to her, there was more noise than anyone would think. "Okay, on three!" she yelled back, "One! Two! Three!" you then hoisted her up so that she could grab the candle once she had it a large part of the house started to come down. The casita gently got you both to the floor and sheltered you both from all of the debris falling, you both hugged each other scared while also sheltering the candle. Once it was over you both looked down at the candle as it went out, "No..." you heard Mirabel whisper. With a few final squeaks from a door, they fell indicating that the house had 'died'...

Author's note: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I legit had NO idea on what to do for this chapter so I'm really sorry if y'all don't like it! I think it turned out pretty well! Sorry for not updating for so long, I was in Florida for spring break, UwU Anyways, sorry if there are any spelling or grammatical mistakes!