Ch. 1

You still remember that day. Even with it being a year ago. People swarmed around you and Carlos, making you both feel a bit uncomfortable. It has been 7 years since the attack back at your old home. You still missed your parents but you had your brother with you and you were happy. 

"(Y/N)!" You heard a voice yell, "(Y/N)"! Come on, wake up! You have a friend at the door!" It was your brother trying to wake you up. "Tell them to come back in an hour," you said in a groggy voice. "That's not very nice of you, (Y/N)." Your brother scolded. He finally decided to make you get up. He shot some water at you from his hand and that got you up. "Carlos!" You glared at him as you stood up and smacked him in the back of the head, "You're such a jerk!" You yelled. Even though you were only 11, you were still pretty tall. After you finally get him out of your room, you decide to get dressed. You put on a nice white blouse with a purple skirt and some black slippers. 

You go down to see who was waiting for you outside. It was Mirabel! You and Mirabel became best friends only after a month of living in the village everyone called "Encanto". You and Mirabel were the same age, and she was a part of a special family. La Familia Madrigal. You liked the family but you never really met anyone from the family besides Mirabel. "Good morning (Y/N)!!!" Mirabel yelled in excitement as she hugged you. "Good morning Mirabel!" you said as you returned the hug. "Ready for an awesome and fun-filled day?!" Mirabel asked with an immense amount of excitement in her voice, you could also see it in her eyes too. "You bet!" you said, also excited. After you grabbed an apple from the kitchen, you and Mirabel went to hang out. 

You two hung out every day, and every day, you would do the same thing. You both went to your favorite hilltop and talked about what Mirabel and her crazy awesome family would talk about during dinner at night, and all the things your brother did. As you and Mirabel made your way back to your house, you bumped into a boy. He had on some brown jeans and a yellow ruana with darker yellow stripes. It was too big for him but he wore it anyway. "Ah, Dios! Are you okay?!" The boy asked you with worry in his eyes as he held out a hand to help you up off of the ground. Mirabel stood there with a smirk and just watched it go down. "Yes, I'm alright. Are you okay?" you asked politely as you took his hand. The boy helped you up. "Yeah, I'm okay." He said as he rubbed the back of his neck. All three of you felt the awkward vibe in the air. "Well, I've gotta get home," you said with a nervous smile, "I'll see you around." you finished as you waved to the boy and Mirabel before you finished the walk home by yourself. It wasn't that far anyway.

And that was the only interaction you had with the boy in the ruana for a while. Until it was the day of Mirabel's primo, Antonio's day to get a gift.

Author's note: Hey y'all! So here is the first chapter! I don't have much experience so again I'm sorry if the chapter was a bit short for you! Again this is my first time writing a story like this so I'm trying my best! Thanks for reading this chapter of "That One Chameleon"! (Sorry for any grammatical or spelling errors!)