Chapter Eight

I dance around my apartment living room, dusting the shelves and tv and table. I listen to various energetic, happy songs. At the moment I'm listening to 'Clouds' by One Direction. I'm wearing my baggy t-shirt and the only pair of shorts I own that end above the knee. I feel a bit happy for some reason. Oh well.

A knock on my front door. I sing and dance my way to the door: the song had changed to 'No Control'. I open the door without checking who it is. I probably should have though. It was Thomas.

"Well crap." I say. "Uh, I'm just gonna..." I quickly try and shut the door. But Thomas's foot is in the way.

"Thomas, move your foot!" I yell.

"Can I come in Kylie?"

"Move your foot Thomas!" He sighs, but moves his foot out of the doorway. I quickly shut the door. "What do you want Thomas, I'm trying to clean!" I say playfully.

"I wanted to come and see you. Can I come in?" Ah, that beautiful voice.

"Just let me get changed first." I say and change into jeans and a long sleeve shirt. Even though Thomas had already seen my bruises and burns, I still didn't want him to see them if I could prevent him from seeing them. I turn off my music then open the door.

"I can come in, right?" He asks

It's a good thing I cleaned up a bit. I open the door wider for him, and he walks in. I hold my breath as he looks around my apartment. He turns around and says, "It's nice and cozy. I like it." I try not to make it look obvious as I let my breath out.

"It's starting to snow outside." He says.

"Okay." I say. That was normal.

He coughs. Lulu comes up to him and rubs against his leg.

"Hi Lulu." Thomas says, and picks her up, Lulu purrs as Thomas pets her.

That's a good sign.

After a while, Thomas puts Lulu down.

"Thomas, you can't stay all day, I have to go to work at five." I tell him.

"That's four hours from now. Does that mean I can stay till five?" He asks hopefully.

"I guess..." I say.

"Awesome."

"Thomas, why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be filming?"

"I don't need to be there today. They're filming some scenes I'm not in." He says, then goes and looks out my big apartment window.

I follow him. "Thomaaasssss. What do you want?" I was happy he was here, but I was kind of suspicious too. He turns around.

"To be honest, I didn't want to stay in the boring hotel by myself. I was gonna ask if you could show me another place around here, but I guess we can't do that cause of the snow."

"It's just snow. We can..." I look out the window and can only see white. "Oh. Well, I guess you're right. I probably won't be able to get to work now." I sigh. I really wanted to see Jewel and her puppies today.

Silence. We both don't know what to say. Shouldn't he have come up with conversation starters before he came here?

I go and sit down on my couch. And I open my book and read. If he wanted to talk, he'll start the conversation. After a while he comes and sits by me. I look over at him. And as I do, the lights go out.

"Are you serious?!" I yell at the ceiling. "Ugh."

"Kylie, can I ask you something?"

"Sure."