Chapter Twenty-One

I stay up late the night before Thomas and I go up to our secluded vaction spot in the mountains.

Thomas told me that he had a plan on how to avoid the paparazzi and their cameras. I hope it worked.

I had packed all that I needed, and now I was just day dreaming. I had dropped Lulu off at the pet hotel, so it felt kind of lonely.

I wonder what's going to happen there. A whole week, just me and Thomas.

My face gets red as I start to think of all the possible things that could happen. The touching and the kissing and all that lovely stuff.

The incident with the paparazzi felt far away now, I had almost forgotten about it. Almost.

*****

The next day, Thomas is driving us up and into the mountains. I could barely contain my excitement. And I could tell by the sparkle in his eyes that he was excited too.

It took a couple of hours, but finally, Thomas parked the car beside a log cabin, parking it in a way so that no one would see it. We both step out, and I grin at the log cabin. It was so cute looking.

"Let's go inside, come on." Thomas takes my hand and pulls me inside. When we walk in, we come into a cozy living room, with a fireplace, a couch, a cushiony chair, a coffee table, some beautiful paintings on the wall, and on the mantle, a flat screen TV. By the fireplace it had all the tools, and as I see the fire poker, I turn away, and leave the room quickly.

The rest of the cabin was very nice, and it felt kind of like a home away from home.

The only thing that bothered me was that fire poker...

"So, what do you think Kylie?" Thomas asks.

I grin at him. "It's so pretty! It's perfect Thomas." I stand on my toes and kiss his lips.

Should I tell him it's bothering me?...

"It's cold, I'll go turn on the heater and start a fire. You go ahead and get comfortable."

"All right." I bring my stuff into our room, hang up some of my clothes in the closet. Then I go to the bathroom and start to put away my brush when I notice something laying on the counter.

Is that a...???

Oh gosh it is!

On the bathroom counter was a package of condoms. A whole box!

Oh my goodness, this is extremely awkward.

With my face red, I quickly run out of the bathroom and to the living room where Thomas was making a fire.

When I walk in, Thomas turns around witn the fire poker, the tip burning bright orange.

Oh no. Please, no!

It's alright, it's okay!  I try to tell myself, but it didn't work.

Tears come to my eyes, and I start to back away.

"Kylie? What's wrong?" Thomas started to walk over to me, the fire poker still in his hand.

"No! Stop! Please don't. I'm sorry, I'll do what you want, just please don't stab me again!" Tears were now streaming down my face as I remember the pain from the dumb burning hot fire poker. I felt like I was glued to the ground. I tried to turn and run, by I couldn't move.

Is he going to hurt me too?

Thomas looks at the fire poker, then back at me. His eyes widen as he realizes what's going on, and he quickly puts the poker down. He hurries over towards me, and as he reaches his hands out to hug me, I flinch.