Chapter Two

It was Friday afternoon and you were waiting outside the Galliard residence for Porco to answer the door. After class the first day, you and Porco exchanged numbers and decided to meet up at his house on Friday to discuss the project.

"Hey Y/n," Porco greeted as he opened the door, "Come in."

You returned the greeting as you walked inside the house.

"My room's this way."

You nodded your head and followed Porco to his room. Porco's room had all kinds of band and movie posters on the white walls but other than that the decor was minimal. He had a gray desk and a white bed frame with a light gray comforter and a few pillows. He also had a night stand with two picture frames on it. He made a motion for you to sit on his bed while he sat in his desk chair. The two of you sat in an awkward silence for a few minutes. Porco opened and closed his mouth a few times like he wanted to say something but didn't know whether he should start the conversation. After another minute of silence passed you decide to say something. But before you had the chance Porco spoke up.

"Do you mind if I ask you something, judgement free?" He looked nervous.

"Yeah go ahead. I promise no judgement on my end." You were caught off guard by Porco's demeanor. He was normally so calm and collected especially around girls. And right now he looked seconds away from passing out.

"Am I boyfriend material? Like am I someone you could see being in a relationship?"

You didn't know what you were expecting Porco to ask but it certainly wasn't that.

"Where is this coming from?" You asked keeping your tone as neutral as possible.

"My buddy Zeke, is close friends with the girl I really like so I asked him if he could put in a good word for me before I ask her on a date. But then he told me that she doesn't see me as the relationship type so she doesn't see herself going out with me."

"Ok well, I'm going to be honest with you. You're not exactly known around school for your excellent commitment skills. You're kinda known around school as a player. You know talking to multiple girls at once, never go out with the same girl twice-"

Porco groaned, "No wonder Pieck doesn't want to go out with me."

"You can't really blame her."

Porco raised an eyebrow at you, "I thought you said no judgement?"

"I'm not judging. I'm simply making an observation. Judgement would be something like it's no wonder she doesn't want to date you, you go through girls faster than Colt goes through a box of tissues when he watches The Notebook."

Porco makes a look of disgust and you're confused at his change in expression until you realize, "He goes through the tissue so fast because he's crying not because- get your mind out of the gutter."

You don't know what comes over when you a grab a pillow and throw it at Porco's head. He stares at you for a second and you worry that you've crossed a line but then he bursts out in a fit of laughter. You can't help but laugh with him. He has a really nice laugh you think to yourself. Suddenly Porco's bedroom door swings open revealing Marcel. That's funny you don't remember Porco closing his door.

"Ah hah, I heard laughter. Laughter means you're not getting work done" Marcel tried to say in a stern "dad" voice.

"You're back from work already?" Porco asked Marcel, not the least bit fazed by Marcel's tone.

"Yeah there was a small kitchen fire so they let us go home- don't try to change the subject!"

"Alright dad we'll get to work."

"Thank you and this door stays open. I don't want any funny business. Y/n if he bothers you let me know and I'll take care of it."

You nodded and Marcel went into his room, presumably to change out of his uniform. Once he was out of hearing range, you and Porco started laughing again.

"Okay okay, now we really have to get started on this project," you smiled.