Chapter Thirty-One

I wanted you to ask me to stay. I needed you to tell me to stay, stay here by your side.

You can't just walked out of my life when you're the single most important person in it!

Please Y/n don't go. You promised we would stay friends after this. You promised me.

Porco's words kept replaying in your head on a loop for the past six nights since you've last seen him. Winter break had officially started that same day which meant no school for the next three weeks so luckily avoiding Porco in person was easy. However, Porco had been texting you non-stop asking for another chance to talk and work things out. All his messages go unanswered. You were tempted a few times to reply but backed out at the last minute. You had to stand your ground, to show Porco you were serious about what you said.

"Y/n? Your drink has gone cold," Marcel slid into the seat across from you.

You hummed in acknowledgement, "It's fine. I wasn't in the mood for coffee much anyways."

"Are you thinking about Porco?"

"When am I not?"

"Fair point."

"Is he still not speaking to you?"

Marcel looked down at the table, "Yeah, he's pissed at me. He thinks I knew what you were going to do and didn't warn him."

"I'm sorry. I never meant for you to be caught in the middle of this."

"It's not your fault. You have nothing to be sorry about. He's the stubborn jack-ass that won't hear out his own brother."

You sighed, "Am I doing the right thing?"

Marcel exhaled slowly," You are. You're right about Porco's and Pieck's relationship. No one wants their boyfriend's ex hanging around with them even if the two exes are friends. And putting some space between the two of you will do you some good and help you move on."

You nodded. Marcel got up and excused himself to go back to work. There weren't many people in the diner but Marcel wasn't one to slack off. You sat alone as you waited for Colt to arrive.

You checked your phone for any new messages. There was one from Evelyn who texted you to tell you she'd be staying the night at Gabi's tonight. Another from Bertholdt asking if you wanted to go out with him, Annie, Reiner, and Zeke tonight. You politely declined and didn't need to ask why Porco's name wasn't included in the message.

The bell over the front door of the diner chimed, signaling that someone had entered. You turned your head to see if it was Colt who came in the door. It wasn't, instead, Eren walked in with some of his friends. You caught his eye and he made his way over to your table while his friends found a table to sit at.

Your hands clasped around the mug and you took a sip of your coffee despite it being cold. Eren sat down across from you in the same seat Marcel had sat in minutes ago. He gave you an easy smile and you could barely give him one in return.

"Hey Y/n, it's good to see you," Eren rested his face in his right hand.

"Likewise," You said honestly.

"So I've been meaning to ask you if you would be willing to go on a date with me?"

You laughed lightly, "It took you this long to ask me on date? You, who flirted with me every chance you got and wanted me to dump Porco?"

"In my defense, for the first couple weeks of your break-up you and Porco were still around each other twenty-four seven. And I was also kinda hoping someone else would ask you out and they could be your rebound."