Chapter Eight

It was currently six in the morning and you were getting ready for work. You only had a few more shifts before you were officially done.  Once you had your uniform on, you went to wake your sister. On the days your dad was out of town and there was no one to watch Evelyn, you brought her with you to the diner. She always sat in a booth and did homework or read or occupy herself on her phone until your shift was over. She said she didn't mind hanging out at the diner all day. She liked how the diner was never crowded. Once Evelyn was ready to go, the two of you stepped outside and got into one of your dad's car. He only had two, one technically belonged to the company he worked with so it was only used when he had to travel for work. The other car, well, it had definitely seen better days. You only used it when you had to get to work. Marcel took you to and from school and Evelyn always got a ride with Falco and Udo from Colt's and Falco's mom. You pulled into the diner's parking lot and got out of car. You were fifth-teen minutes early to your shift so you sat down with your sister in a booth.

"So Zofia's having a sleepover on Friday and I was wondering if I could go?" Your sister asked as she pulled out a notebook.

"Yeah go ahead," You grinned.

"Oh and on Saturday, Zofia's parents want to take us to the arcade and Falco and Udo are going to join us," Your sister added.

You nodded your head in approval, Zofia's parents were very cautious people so you never felt unsafe leaving Evelyn in their care. You got up to officially clock in for your shift. Marcel's and Colt's shift didn't start for another two hours so it would be a little while until you got to see them.

The morning went by smoothly. The only customers were an elderly couple with their grandchildren and a few of the regulars. Colt and Marcel were already at work cleaning and clearing the tables and booths.

"I can't believe this is your second to last shift with us Y/n," Colt pouted as he brought some dishes into the kitchen.

"Don't be sad, now that I won't be working at the diner we can hang out more during the week. In fact, what are your plans for Friday?" You asked Colt and Marcel.

"I'm not doing anything," They replied simultaneously and glanced at each other.

"Are you reading my mind?" They both asked each other.

"Stop doing that." They continued.

"Stop!"

"Okay!" You interrupted, "Evelyn is having a sleepover at Zofia's on Friday so why don't you two come over and we'll play some video game, order in some food and we'll finally watch that reality dating show Colt has been talking about?"

"Flames of Love. It's better than The Bachelor," Colt said in a sing-song voice.

"Sounds like a plan," Marcel laughed as he shook his head at Colt.

It was around twelve-thirty, the lunch rush had just started. You were so busy taking orders you didn't noticed who walked in and sat down in a booth. After all your orders were given to the cook, you made your way over to the booth that hadn't been serviced yet.

"Hello sir, what can I get you for you today?" You spoke in your most polite tone.

"Hey Y/n, I didn't know you worked here," Eren Yeager grinned that million dollar smile that could make anyone weak in the knees.

You had talked to Eren a few times over the past two weeks since you sat next him in science. You had mentioned you worked once or twice but never stated where.

"Yeah well it won't be for much longer. I decided to take some time off."

"Does that mean you're free this Friday?"