Meant To Be [College/Soulmate AU]

Warning: Language, Violence, Angst, Bullying, Mention of Torture, Fluff

Synopsis: You and your brother attend the same college, you end up developing a crush on one of his friends, Kai Parker. You are unaware that Kai has a crush of his own on you, he is drawn to your innocence and happiness. His view on your innocence is forever changed after witnessing you finally snap on your bullies at school one rainy day, you try to convince Kai to not tell anyone. But Kai needs no convincing as he shares a secret of his own with you, this becomes the beginning of something new between the pair of you.

Word Count: 1,635

[In this work Kai is a full-fledged witch instead of a Siphon or Heretic.]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I clutch my textbook close to my chest as I try to hurry to the science building in the rain for class, I am a few feet away from the entrance before I feel someone push me hard from behind, my textbook and I going flying to the ground in a flash. I groan softly as I try to push myself to my knees which are now throughly soaked from the wet ground, "Pathetic.", I hear someone say behind me before I feel a foot gets shoved into my back making me go back to the ground when I try to get up. I turn my face to see [R/N] smirking at me with their two friends laughing beside them, "Why?", I ask softly, I ball my hands into fists on the ground as I try to keep myself restrained. My brother and I are the only two people that know of my abilities, so I know it is unwise to expose myself to others, but right now I am finding it really hard to, hot tears fill my eyes as I look at the ground beneath me.

I hear them cackle loudly, "Because you're easy to fuck with and I'm bored.", they explain with a shrug of their shoulders, a loud yelp escapes me when they kick their foot into my side when I attempt to get to my feet. "I think it would be smart to just stay down where you belong.", they sneer at me, I glare up at them as I feel a surge of energy move through my body, making every single nerve feel like it has been jolted by lightning. "Enough!", I yell out at them, they move their foot to kick me again, but I catch it before it makes impact with my stomach again, they look down at me shocked before I yank hard and send them flying to the ground. Their friends make a move towards me once I am on my feet, "No!", I say as I hold my hands out in front of me, they get sent back a few feet before they are sprawled out in the grass unconscious. "You have been relentless ever since I showed up, but today is the end of your shit. I will make you feel every bit of pain you have caused me. And if you ever come near me again, I will not show you the same mercy I am showing you today, I will end your pathetic human life without remorse.", I growl at [R/N] as I stand over them.

I smirk at the fear I see in their eyes, "Please, I'm sorry.", they whimper in an attmept to get me to stop, but I just shake my head, "It's too late for apologies [R/N].", I grin maliciously as I kneel down onto their chest and place my hands on the sides of their head, "Silence.", I say before their mouth falls open in a silent scream, my magic keeping them silent while I dig into their mind, making them feel every thing they have made me feel. Once I am finished with them they are left a whimpering mess in the wet grass, our clothing throughly soaked and sticking to our skin, "I will make you remember everything today, but you will be unable to tell anyone about this and even if you are able to, no one will ever believe you.", I tell them before I stand up above them. I grunt as I kick them in their side a few times before turning to leave, I freeze in my spot when I see Kai standing there watching me with wide eyes.

I run towards him, I quickly grab his hand and pull him with me around to the side of the building before anyone could see us at the scene, "How much did you see?", I ask him hurriedly, I rub my hands together nervously, suddenly feeling paranoid. "Everything, what was that?", he asks me with a raised brow, I shake my head, "It was nothing, please don't tell anyone, I beg you. My brother can't know that I did that.", I feel tears fill my eyes again, Kai was the last person I wanted to see me like this. I am surprised when Kai is the one to take my hand into his and lead me away from the building, "Kai what are you doing?", I ask him as I try to keep my pace up with his, "Somewhere safe, I need to show you something.", he tells me before he falls silent. I am still confused when we reach Kai's apartment, "Kai why bring me here?", I finally ask once he closes the door behind us, he is still silent as he leads me into his living room.

I am standing there for a moment before Kai steps in front of me, his eyes seem to shine with a slight excitement, "I thought I was the only one here.", he voices. I raise a brow, "What are you even talking about?", I ask him, "You're like me [Y/N], I honestly thought I was the only witch here.", he says to me with a big grin, like he is happy he found out my secret. My eyes widen as he says this, "That explains why I have felt so drawn to you, has to be.", he muses as he begins to pace in front of me, his words leave me a bit confused, he has been drawn to me, I ask myself. Maybe this explains why I felt so drawn to him if he really is a witch, I tell myself, "Kai stop.", I finally say, he stops and looks at me with wide eyes, "You're telling me you're a witch too?", I ask, he nods and gently takes my hands into his. I gasp softly when I feel a small surge of energy flow between the pair of us, my wide eyes meet his, "What was that?", I let out a airy laugh because my mind suddenly remembers the stories of this feeling.

There are stories within the witch community, spanning over thousands of covens about witches finding their soulmates, the pair who are meant to be soulmates will be drawn to one another then it is solidified with this feeling. "That was it wasn't it?", he muses once more, he knew of the stories as well, "This explains why I developed a crush on you the instant we met.", I respond, our eyes never look away from one another as we speak, as if we were afraid to let go of one another all of a sudden. He nods in response himself, "Yes, and it explains mine on you.", he replies back with a shy smile. My heart flutters at his words, Kai just admitted that he has a crush on me when I never thought he saw me in that way, I honestly thought the crush was one-sided, my side. I suddenly feel this urge to hug Kai so I move to wrap my arms around his torso, my head rests on his shoulder and I feel myself relax, a soft sigh comes from him as he wraps his arms around me, one of his hands cradling my head against his shoulder.

After a few moments I pull my head back to look up into his eyes, "I know we are meant to be, but I want to take this slow because I'm scared it will break, fail. Every relationship I have been in has before and I don't want to go through that again.", I say sadly. He nods slowly, "Yeah, I totally understand. Whenever you are ready to go forward with this I am here, but know this I will do nothing to hurt or harm you ever.", he brings one of his hands up to cup my cheek, he smiles at me sweetly, "Because you deserve to have the best and to be happy and I want to give you that.", he adds. I smile back at him, my heart feels light in my chest, "Thank you for understanding Kai because I really do like you, like a lot.", I tell him. "We'll start slow and small, let's say maybe grabbing a coffee tomorrow?", he suggests, "I'd like that.", I reply with a smile. We talk a bit more before I leave for the day, sending a message to my teacher making up a story of taking a slight fall in the rain on the way to class and twisting my ankle.

I smile the entire way back to my dorm, happy to know Kai likes me back as well as wanting to take this slow for me. I fall asleep feeling a great sense of ease as well, as to where my friendship and possible relationship with Kai will go, I do not know. I am scared as well as excited as to see where it does go, only time will tell.