Chapter 1 Mirabel's Pov.

-"Hey Isa?" I knocked softly on her room door before I entered. I looked around and saw all kinds of plants and flowers but one caught my eye.

I walked a bit closer to it seeing a strange yet beautiful green and yellow flower with spots. I almost wanted to touch it until I felt a vine grab me by the ankle immediately making me go upside down.

"What are you doing here?!" Isabela asked with her arms crossed.

I sighed. "Look i was only gonna to tell you something but then i saw a flower and-

Isabela quickly let go of her vines holding Mirabel up in the air before looking at the plant.

I rubbed my head as i mumbled something. "Thanks for the landing.."

"Don't tell anyone you saw this," Isabela said with a serious voice. I tilted her head in confusion as she once more stared at the plant.

"Isabela it's a beautiful plant I don't know why-

"It's not perfect.." 

"Yes it is i'm sure-

"I SAID IT'S NOT PERFECT" I backed away a bit at the sudden loudness in her voice as Isabela used her gift to destroy it.

"Abuela would never allow it anyways and I have things to do. So tell me why you're here?"

I began to rub my arm as I looked at her. "Abuela wanted me to tell you that she wanted more pink and purple roses at the front of the casita."

Isabela's expression quickly changed into a forced smile. "Anything for Abuela.. Tell her I'll get to it."

I nodded walking away from her but frowned as I looked back at her. "Are you sure that you'll be okay? We can always talk?"

Isabela threatened to use her vines again.

"Okay i'm going!"

I walked down the hallway making my way to the living room. Staring at an old family picture.

I placed her hands on the portrait and stared at it of her and her family before Bruno left.

"Where are you Tio Bruno?" Mirabel thought before removing her hand. Her thoughts were soon interrupted by Dolores screaming.-"Ladrones?! Thieves in the casita stealing the Crown!?" Dolores shouted as she had to cover her ears for all the sudden screams of panic and confusion about to occur.

I quickly ran out the hallway rushing out to the main hall. She saw Abuela still shocked as Julieta tried to comfort her but failed as Abuela never took her eyes off the nightstand where the candle once stood.

Felix could be seen trying to calm down Pepa aswell he tried suggesting they have a cup of tea to calm themselves down.  

Well honestly.. maybe Pepa.

I frowned, crossing my arms staring angrily at the door. I was gonna chase them down and bring back home our miracle once I snuck past the other family members.

It was now nightfall and I already had my things packed. I hated leaving, making my family think I was gonna Abandon them or worse never return like my primo did but if it means saving the candle back at all cause I'll be glad to do it.

I carefully walked down the stairs hearing the soft tiles of the casita crack like it was pleading to me to stay.

But all i could do was bravely smile before mouthing a goodbye to the casita.

As I left the casita I walked through the forest of the outer part of the town.

 Even though it wasn't very far, the tall trees and lush green plants could make you get lost in something like that for 3 weeks even more.

I was about to keep on walking deeper in the forest until I heard the sounds of ruffling leafs and plants all shaking from around.

"w-Whos there.." I asked with my voice a bit shaky now wishing I had a frying pan or some sort of weapon right about now.

I placed my hands in the air making them into fist about to attack as I bravely walked closer to the bush.

I pulled it back but quite disappointed in myself being scared over a small little rabbit that went back into its burrow the moment it saw me.

"Well that was surprisingly anti-climatic.." I thought as I dug into my book bag. I noticed a dark shadow near me as i almost screamed the moment the stranger touched my shoulder.

I turned around seeing Dolores with an apologetic look on her face as she stepped back.

"Dolores? Why are you here.. Did you follow me all the way out here from the casita??" I bombarded her question after question.

Dolores smirked as she crossed her arms. "I heard you from outside the casita leaving so i decided to follow you, It would be easy getting the thieves with my super hearing and all and i thought i could lend you a hand.. Did you happen to bring any snacks by the way?? I was in a rush to follow after you."

I laughed as I smiled at my cousin before digging back into my backpack. "I got a few Apreas leftover and some fruit"

I handed her an aprea and a few slices of fruit as we both ate a piece.

"We should stay here for the night. I'll be able to listen for them better."

I nodded.

And the two of us prepared to go chase down a pair of thieves unwillingly unaware of who we may meet on the way.