Chapter 1

1.5k words

you knew it would eventually come to this.

"Satoru where are you?" Gripping the phone you waited for one of his excuses again. This wasn't the first time he missed your sons birthday party. The first time you let it go because his excuse was working late but now this is the third time he's done this.

"Listen, im on my way to the house im passing by to get his cake okay. Just trust me I swear," Panting, you could hear him slamming a door and run towards his car.

"Really Satoru?! I asked you to buy the cake 3 hours ago!!" It was evident you were starting to get mad, pissed to be exact. Not only did you ask him to buy the cake, it was already starting to get late.

Your son was sitting down next to you playing with some of the toys you had bought him for his last birthday. Of course because he was only 4 years old he didn't know what was going on. He expected his daddy to come home and shower him in kisses and hugs telling him happy birthday and how much he loved him.

"Mommy...when is daddy coming? I want to sleep," Rubbing his eyes he laid his head on your lap.

Slowly caressing his hair you smiled at him "Soon baby, he'll be here soon... Why don't you take a nap while we wait?" Smiling at him you waited for his response.

He flickered his beautiful long eyelashes nodding his head as you pulled him closer to you. "See? Even your own son is tired of waiting for you. Get home now." Was the last thing you said before hanging up.

You gently grabbed the blanket that was next to you, placing it on top of your son so he wouldn't get cold. sighing you gently moved his head from your lap onto a pillow.

God who knew how much Satoru would forget about your son. Not only did he suggest on having a child and being there to always support you... What a liar. Your footsteps echoed in the silent apartment. The floor was cold, wind blowing from the windows. Geez, after everything you still loved Satoru.

You grabbed a cigarette from your drawer, walking towards the balcony you lit the cigar. You really didn't like smoking at all but for some reason it set you at ease. Trying to control your anger you just stared at the sky. Watching how the stars shined and how beautiful the moon was.

The way the bird chirped or the way the car sounded when it passed by the apartment. You lived in a luxurious apartment. 3 story with 3 bedrooms and 4 restrooms. Like they usually say money can't buy happiness.

Letting another puff of smoke emit from your mouth you hanged your head low. Slowly blinking you started to cry. Life was certainly not going your way.

Your husband never being home, you child never having a good childhood without hearing his parents fight. You even considered sending him with your parents for a while but Satoru didn't like the idea at all. You truly loved Satoru with all your heart. Being highschool sweethearts until now.

Were we to young? was it because I was pregnant? is that why he decided to marry me.. shaking your head you kept on reassuring yourself that wasn't the case. You were only 18 when you got pregnant. Straight out of highschool you found out you were pregnant. Telling Satoru was the only good memory you had left.

The way his eyes shined when you told him. Him jumping with joy and excitement to have a child. As soon as the word spread he swore to take care of you and your child no matter what. Swearing that he would marry you as soon as he could.

Throwing the small cigar you walked back into the living room, grabbing a pack of gum and chewing it so your son wouldn't smell the intoxicating smell of cigarettes. Your eyes slowly shifted to the picture to your right. A picture of you and Satoru after getting married. Both of you smiling, you could almost remember how happy you were.