Chapter 3

3,3k words

You woke up to the feeling of the bed empty

You woke up to the feeling of the bed empty. Satoru was no where to be seen. A sigh escaped your lips as you thought about yesterday's events, mentally slapping yourself as you got up from bed. You checked your phone and found a message from Toji.

Toji: 'Goodmorning, i hope you slept well :)'
Y/n: 'Goodmorning to you as well and I did thank you!'

You hadn't realized you were smiling when you woke up to a simple text message. There were no morning messages left by Satoru. Today was the last day of staying at the hotel after that you had plans to drop off your son with your mother because you hated seeing your mother live alone in a huge house without anyone.

Sumire loved his grandma so much, sometimes you thought he loved her more than you. You quickly realized that you had a night gown on, not being to recall anything that happened yesterday you assumed nothing special happened.

You still vividly remember how devastated your mother was when she found out her husband had cheated. She barely even ate and always stayed at bed. Despite you being 16 at the time you had to go out and work a few hours and maintain your mother. You truly did hate seeing her like that. Always staying with her all the time.

There was even one time where she was so depressed she never once left her room. You had to physically help her up and shower her. Getting cheated on after more than 16 years of marriage had affected your mother horribly.

Your mother had talked about the cheating with you. Your father had fallen out of love and always left your mother confused and doleful. He cheated on her with one of his co workers at work.

Still remembering the days where your parents would fight and send you to go get something at the store while they tried and resolved their arguments.

You slowly started to realize that maybe what happened to your mother was happening to you. Satoru had always left you confused. Before you could reach any conclusions you felt a pair of tiny hands hug your stomach.

"Goodmorning my love, did you sleep well?" You asked while seeing Sumire's cute little face light up. "Mommy where's daddy?" His blue eyes sparkled at the mention of his father. Sumire always said he wanted to be like Satoru when he grew up.

A well known business man and have a beautiful wife. "He's busy honey. How about we go out just me and you?" You said ruffling his beautiful hair. His face was immediately joyful, smiling he nodded his head before hugging you tighter than before.

You were glad that you had him. Sumire is the source of your greatest joy and happiness. He is your pride and joy, and the reason you strive to be a better person every day. His innocence and curiosity never fail to put a smile on your face, and you're so grateful for him.

"Go fetch some clothes so I can change you." Sumire ran toward his room with a smile on his face. Sighing, you let Satoru know you were leaving soon.

You would've preferred that he was with you to spend time with your son.