3. PURPLE ASHES

"Ofcorse I like you. You are like a sister to me."

Words of Ran are like splinters that stuck in her heart that made her (e/c) eyes teary. It was already morning, the sun has risen but she still can't stop herself from crying. It was a massive blow for her, she couldn't smile and she couldn't sleep. Over the night, she spent herself doing chores just to refrain herself from thinking about Ran. For her what comes in her mind are; was that my first heart ache? But I did not make it to confess. How will I confess? He already told me what's my worth.

Questions. Confused. Denial. Regret. It is a sickness in her stomach and a knot in her throat. It is when eating becomes a battle to swallow and falling asleep becomes inconceivable. It is unrequited love. It is the loss of someone you love. It feels like she lost apart of who she is. She was just ten, thats what her mother will tell if she was around. For she taught her that love can vary in an intensity and can change over time. But its Ran the only one who made her heart skip in a beat.

"Ohayo Yn-chan!" Rindou greeted Yn. "Have you seen Komi-san? Last night, Niichan and I tried to call her but she is not answering her phone." Rindou wonders the balcony YN was into. "Hey! what happened to the plants? HEY YN-CHAN THE PLANTS ARE DROWNING!" Rindou noticed and he snatched the water sprinkler out of Yn's hand. "Dont tell me you are watering the plant all dawn?" He asked oncemore and saw how swollen Yn's eyes are. "What the-"

"RIRIIIN!!" She finally burst out crying and embraced Rindou. "I did not able to confessed, but IM BROKEN!"

"What you mean?"

"I was about to confess but Ran, he told me that-" she cried as Rindou got a hint of what happened. "I was just like a sister to him. A little sister!"

"Its about him again.." Rindou muttered and cleaned the messed Yn's caused at the balcony. "Better clean this messed up before Komi-san arrives."

"I- I can't stop thinking about him."

"You better do think of anything else before your eyeballs gets out of your face you ---Baka!" Rindou glared at her and dragged her inside the house. "from what I said recently, I was asking if Komi-san already arrived. She wasn't answering Niichan's call last night. So Im so worried about her."

"Hmmm.. seems not. And she is not answering my calls too."

"She should be at home now." Rindou wonders and search for Komi at the entire house.

"Tadaimaa!" Ran enters the house. "It seems Komi-san isn't home yet so I bought us something to eat from the mart." he dropped the things he bought. "Ohayo Yn-chan--- OH! What happen to your eyes?"

"Its nothing.." Yn muttered as she went to the goods Ran bought from the Mart.

"Your lying.. Your eyes are swollen? Did Rindou make fun of you again? What happened at the balcony?" Ran wonders and saw the drowned plants. "WAAH! Komi-san's plants. Oh God! She might burst into anger when she sees this? What happened?"

"I'll fix that later.. Niichan. Did Komi-san answered her phone?"

"No. I can't communicate with her. Last night, her phone keeps on ringing. But this morning, its unattended." Ran said and wonders YN. "Did she even called you last night?" Raan asked Yn.

"No. Actually, I texted her. But she never return a reply." Yn answered and Ran started to get worried.

Komi told them that she will make it up with them last night for missing YN's birthday celebration. If she won't make it, she would atleast call them. But they all ended up waiting for her til dawn. Ran became suspicious of this action of Komi. He knows that YN's birthday is so important she would'nt dare to missed.