9. The Devil He Become

Ran's POV

[The night when YN went for a sleepover with Ume-chan]

The moment I reached home, I found the place empty. Theres no YN, nor Utah and even Rindo. The silence that surrounds the air almost got me suffocated. I was once again alone at home. And I hated it. So much I hated it I wanted to sleep for the whole day.

"Tsk. For sure from what I did, she will hate me so much."  I said as I think of YN. "Hate me all you want. Rindo owns you." I added and wandered the house.

As I looked around, I found the backdoor's slightly ajar with lights on. Its the door that lead's to the garage. I took out my metal baton in case I found someone sneaking. Preparing for my next attack---

"Rindo?" And there I found him sitting in the corner holding his head as if it hurt. "RINDO!" My heart almost stopped as I saw him in that situation. He has a lot of bruises in his body and face.

"You're home." He said and made a bitter smile. "Aniki."

"What happened to you!? Where is everyone? Is YN around?"

"She went to her friend for a sleepover. Don't worry about her."

"And You? What happen? Does your head hurt?"

"No! It doesn't hurt. But if you're gonna ask where it hurts? It's here." He then pointed his heart. "It really hurts."

"Why? Did you two not reconcile?" I asked worriedly.

"We're now good. Don't worry. I explained everything to her. In fact, we were fine. It's only me." He cried. "I saw you two. You kissed. And it hurts so much I couldn't hate you or her." He cried. "Because you two were the most precious thing in my life!"

"Rin---"

"It's all my fault! Don't worry about me aniki. It's all my fault." He cried that made me remember the young Rindo I knew way back before.

[A flashback image of little Rindo crying]

"Don't worry Aniki. It was my fault why dad hated me so much. These wounds are nothing. It doesn't hurt. It's not his fault he hated me. Its mine, mine alone. I know father one-day will learn how to love me. It will only takes time. I could wait. Because I know you are here."

"It's my fault I put a lot of burden on the two of you

"It's my fault I put a lot of burden on the two of you. I'm too selfish. I knew it from the start that you love her. And She loved you. But what did I do? I'm selfish! I'm selfish and bad!" He burst out crying.

"Rindo. I didn't, YN is like---"

"A sister you say? Do you kiss a sister like what you two did inside Izana's car?" He asked. "No. You won't. Why don't you just tell me the truth, aniki? I'm not that stupid? I'm not that little kid anymore who will always believe in your tales, aniki. Like what I have with dad, you can't hide everything for me. You can't." Then he started to punch his face with his fist.