4. Stronger

Ran

Ran..

Hi, my baby. My first born.. I hope you still recognize my voice as you heard me in this recorder. I told your Nana Lucy to give you this in the right time. You remember mom? I hope you dont have any doubts in me as your mommy. Ya know---- If you ask about what I look like!? We look really alike.

And Im happy..

You got most of my looks than Ren, your dad---- hahaha! And he admits that. Ask him, and he'll definitely agree with this. And I was hoping that---- *sobs* I swear I wont cry making this. Sorry son--- momma's a crybaby, Ya know!

How are you? Did you ate and sleep alot? You need those to become a full grown man. Do you make a lot of friends? Please choose the right ones and treasure them. Dont ever try to skip meals and always make sure you sleep alot. Mommy really wanna spend time with you all. But Im afraid I may not. Im sorry, momma's sick. And doctors told momma that-- I'll die---- d-die. *Sobs*

Momma's going somewhere faraway..

I will miss your first word, first walk, First school and your first of everything in life.. aww! How unlucky I am!

(**Makino wonders the sleeping baby Ran at her side and held her in her arms. Tears started to fall in her face as he wonders the sleeping child in her arms**)

How unlucky I am---- (**Then she rubbed her cheeks into Ran's**)

You know what Ran, I hope as you grow, you kept this long lashes in your eyes. I bet many girls would have a crush on you. You might have a hard time to choose but, choose someone that will takecare of you and love you unconditionally. A beauty is a plus but whats inside always matter.

Do not let any woman made you cry. Understood?
Oh my God! ----- *sobs*

**Baby Ran cried and can also be heard in the recorder**

Did I woke you up? Im sorry. Here, momma's gonna sway your tantrums away. Don't cry. Ssh.. shhh.. dont cry..

*Then Makino hums a lullaby*

You are so young. You are still so fragile... I really wonder the life awaits you--- where I wish I could be with you. ---- forgive me son, I know this is too much to ask, I was hoping you'll get stronger. My son, Ran. You have to be stronger. I dont know what life's await you in the future, and I won't be around anymore. Im scared that you might not overcome it. So you have to be strong. I really wish I was there. For real but---- you have to be. For you and your younger brother.

(**Then Makino carefully put baby Ran back in the bed. There she held her growing tummy.**)

I know that you are still young to understand this Ran but--- I just got a realization and hope that whenever I tried to talk to you about this, even if you are only a year and a half old for two. I had this thoughts that, you know the reason behind of my growing tummy. Impossible but, you are my son. My flesh and blood. I know you before anyone in this house. I could feel it. That time you held my tummy and smile. I got this feeling that you are going to be a great older brother for this baby.