CHAPTER 481-490

Chapter 481 Kill His Way Into the Wind Spirit Pavilion

"I would have thought that you'd want to thank me." Seeing that Long Chen didn't say anything after a long time, Shui Wuhen finally broke the silence.

Within the huge plaza, only the two of them were present. The atmosphere was slightly heavy because from the start, Long Chen had only just been staring into the distance silently.

"If someone should be thanking someone, it should be you thanking me, right?" Long Chen smiled slightly.

"Oh? Why is that?"

"If I tell the truth, will I end up being killed to keep me quiet?" Long Chen looked at Shui Wuhen.

Although in terms of age, Shui Wuhen was old enough to be his grandmother's grandmother's grandmother, her youthful appearance made others forget her age.

If it weren't for a certain look in her eyes that said she had experienced all the vicissitudes of life, others might really think she was a simple and pure maiden.

"You can speak. I'm not so intolerant." Shui Wuhen smiled ever so slightly. She had a strange feeling when she looked at Long Chen, as the intelligence he had displayed did not match up to his age.

If she hadn't sensed that his soul fluctuations matched his spiritual qi fluctuations, she would definitely suspect he had been possessed by some old demon.

"There are two reasons I don't need to thank you. The first one is that this chaotic situation with the first monastery was all caused by you.

"Previously, I didn't really understand what was going on here. But from how furiously Zhou Qingyu was clenching her teeth when she left, I can tell she ended up falling for your trap.

"During all these years, you intentionally let her and her son work together, allowing them to turn the supermonastery into a state of turmoil and chaos. As for yourself, you just kept yourself in seclusion and paid no heed.

"But in truth, you were just waiting for a chance, a chance to catch them in a mistake, a chance to defeat Zhou Qingyu in a single move.

"Although I don't know what relationship you have with Zhou Qingyu, I can guess both of you come from two separate large powers that compete with each other secretly.

"Most likely, she came to the supermonastery to keep watch over you, while you were always looking for a way to get rid of her. You feigned weakness, intentionally giving all the authority to her, all to find a chance to crush her.

"In order to get rid of her, you let her turn the supermonastery into its current state. I wonder just how many people ended up becoming sacrifices because of this little game of yours. And so I don't need to thank you.

"As for myself, although I wasn't a direct part of your game, due to what happened, I ended up affected indirectly. It could even be said I have a right to hate you, as I was just a single chess piece in your hand," said Long Chen, looking at Shui Wuhen expressionlessly.

Shui Wuhen was silent for a long while. In the end, she sighed, "I really wouldn't have thought you'd be so perceptive at this age. Then let me ask you, do you hate me?"

Long Chen shook his head. "I don't hate you. I also don't need to hate you. Hate is the feeling of the weak.

"This matter can't be blamed on you, because even if someone else was in your position, the result would probably be roughly the same. It would just be a different method.

"At the very least, your current position is extremely beneficial to me. And in truth, there is at least one thing that I have to thank you for. You didn't wait until Zhou Qingyu killed all of us before appearing.