Part 5

The first task has arrived and Harry is a bundle of nerves. Lea sits on his bed calm and collected. The other champions gaze at the girl a few times wondering how she can be so calm when she is so young and going to face a monstrous beast.

The rattling of chains and monstrous roars freeze the champions in pacing before they resume their worrying and fidgeting. Harry more times than he can count keeps staring at Lea. Instead of her usual white dresses or clothing, she is now wearing red and black with some gold jewelry as her fighting outfit. 

She looked nothing like the innocent and calm Lea Harry knows

She looked nothing like the innocent and calm Lea Harry knows. She looks like a killer queen! Not to mention her white snow hair is pinned up making her look a lot more serious and strong. As she sits like the strong queen Harry loves, he himself turns weak to be following her every step.

"Uh, Harry," Cedric's voice pulls Harry out of his staring. "Your...kinda drooling."

"I agree. Is she your girlfriend?" Victor's voice makes Harry turn his head. The champions minus Lea surround him with teasing smirks.

"No...."

"That isn't very convincing. Go ask her out." Fleur is next to shoo Harry over to her.

Harry walks over but a 'pst' from the tent flap pulls him away. 

"Harry." Hermione's voice pulls his worries to rise once more. "Are you there?"

"Yeah."

"The important thing is the concentrate and all you have to do is..." 

"Battle a dragon." Thanks, Hermione for making me more skittish than I already am. I pull my head back as the tent flaps on my face and arms wrap around my neck. A click and light make us pull away.

"Ah, young love. and jealousy. How very...stirring." The woman from the daily prophet, Rita Skeeter, comes in and glances over to Lea. I look over as well and see she is watching purple magic butterflies flutter around her wand tip. I have never seen her wand before. Pure black with a few bumps and indents to design it but other than that, it is simple. "If things go unfortunate today, you two might just make the front page." 

"You are not welcomed here, this place is only for champions and friends." Victor comes to our defense.

"Ah, no matter we got what we came for." Rita walks off as Dumbledore and the rest come in.

"Goodday champions, gather around, please. Now the moment has come, at last, the moment for you to be fully appreciated..what are you doing here Mrs. Granger?" Hermione cringes and walks off apologizing. "Bart, the bag." The minister becomes the center of attention.

"champions, make a circle around me. Mrs. Delaceur." Barty brings the lady to his right. "Krum." He is next to Fleur right. "Mr. Potter, Mr. Potter here." I move to his right and a slim soft hand slides into my left. I look over and see Lea giving me a small smile with hope shining in her eyes. Like always, my nerves fly away and calm themselves, her touch giving me hope that all will be well.

"Now, Mrs. Delaceur if you please." the minister opens the bag and Fleur puts her hand in flinching at something inside. She pulls out a small dragon version of the big ones outside. "The Welsh green." Fleur looks up at her headmistress confused I bet. "Mr. Krum...the Chinese Firebolt, oooohhhh. Mr. Diggory." He moves to Cedric. "The Swedish Short snout. Mr. Potter." I narrow my eyes as the minister skipped Lea. I reach in and a dragon crawls in my hand, I pull it out and see the most terrifying and dangerous one. "The Hungarian Horntail and last is Princess Lea Lovegood." 

PRINCESS!!?? I look over to her as her smile falls and is replaced with a frown.  She reaches in and pulls out a dragon I haven't seen when visiting Hagrid. "The Dragon King." A medium-sized dragon, thick in all black scaled glory with long horns and red beady eyes.

"These represent five big real dragons each of which has been given a golden egg to protect. Your objective is simple, collect the egg. this you must do, for each egg contains a clue without which you cannot hope to proceed to the next task. any questions?" We all stay silent. 

"Very well, good luck champions. Mr. Diggory at the sound of the cannons." The cannon sparks to life and blasts something out. I lower myself down looking up. I look down at what I wrapped my arm around and see Lea tucked under it. She looks at me and smiles which I smile back. Cedric heads off first. the rest head to their section of the tent. I on the other hand bring Lea over to my bed.

"Princess?!" I exclaim in slight anger, why didn't I know of this?

"I have been labeled as such because of my close ancestry with Merlin. Along with the way I act, many have deemed me like a princess. I don't particularly like the title which is why I frowned. I also didn't tell you because like you, I too don't want to be seen as somebody higher or have expectations on my shoulders from being called princess. Seems I will lose the luxury of being ordinary today." Lea tells me as I turn around still mad at her. I sigh and turn to argue but words pause in my throat. Lea has lost her smile and has tears running down her face. Oh god, I made her sad. 

"Hey, hey, I am sorry. I truly am sorry for blasting you for that." I kneel down, taking her hands in my own, and look up with guilt beating in my veins. "I didn't mean to make you upset. I should have known you had your reasons and I-" Soft warm lips caress my chapped ones.

She pulls away and I look at her. Guilt is no longer in my body but another feeling. A feeling of wonder and something else.

"How can you be so..." She tilts her head to the side. "...majestic," I smirk as a blush forms on her face.

"Easy, I have you to make me shine." She leans down, her breasts on my hands but I don't focus on that. She captures my lips once more and my breath is taken away. the sound of the cannons doesn't shift my gaze or the moment away.

"You will do amazing Harry." Another small peck before another cannon summons me off.

"Wish me luck?" Lea pulls in for another breathtaking kiss before whispering while shoving me out a good luck.