Part 9

Classes resumed and people are whispering and gossiping about the Yule ball. I on the other hand learned of the egg's secrets. I wonder who it is that I will have to rescue from the lake. My visions won't tell me anything and I kinda expected that.

Harry never dared be in the same hallway as me or even dared speak a word. Draco smirks soaking the separation Harry and I are going through. Not to mention anytime Harry passes, Draco is already there kissing my cheek and chatting about a future that is not even real.

And me. I do nothing. The dragon king keeps silent in my mind which I am grateful for but it doesn't help me figure out what it is that is expected of me. Harry's heart is bright and there are other girls better suited for him to love. I was another pebble held and then thrown away to skim and drop to sink.

I am reading a potions book for the long essay to be done before my sister comes waltzing in. I glance at her taking the seat across the desk. Turning to the new page, I already know how this conversation is going to go.

"Harry seems sad, poor him. At least, he found a partner. did you know the Patil twins, Harry is taking Parvati to the Yule Ball?" Luna begins to speak. Getting up, she walks around the desk to start picking off some form of a creature, invisible off my head.

"Good on him to do so. I will be too busy with the crowning to dance with him anyway." I look outside the glass windows. It is quite windy and shakes and shivers the trees.

"Harry is right of course. You should listen to your heart more than those visions. Vision takes you off your path of happiness." Luna returns to her seat and opens her Quibbler.

"Visions are what helped me with knowing Draco's father making that contract and what the end of this tournament will be like," I tell her, slight granite in my mouth.

"Even though, you should let your heart get what it wants. See you later for some pudding." Luna stands and skips out of the room.

'What your heart wants? what does that even mean?' I question myself pausing on my essay.

'You seriously have lost some brain cells. Geez, even my wife or a baby dragon can know that more than you.' Dragon king snarls in my mind.

I shrug the quote off my head and continue the potions essay and then move on to the transfiguration essay. Took some moments in between to help some girls who haven't found what they were looking for.

I walk down the empty hallway. Harry comes around the corner and nearly bumps into me. I sidestep before he can and continue on. My heart at the same time skips a beat and squeezes in pain. 'have your heart get what it wants.'

"Hello my future bride, how are you doing?" Draco stops me in my tracks and pushes me with his body to the wall. From the corner of my eye, I see Harry glance over his shoulder at us.

"Cousin. I know what you are doing and you won't have time to question me further as Snape will escort you to Dumbledore's office." slipping under his arm and around the potions master I resume walking.

'Wonderfully done my queen.' the dragon king tells me. 'Oh, and call me King.'

Finally a name.

****Harry POV****

I glance back as Lea passes me and Draco talks to her. She is once again taking my breath away from her fair beauty. Still innocent and young as when we met but then I am reminded of how shriveled and black her heart is.

I return to the common room and sit on the couch as everyone else heads elsewhere. I still am being evaded for putting my name in the goblet and hated but luckily the Patil twins agreed for Ron and me to be their dates.

I stare at the flames thinking over what I had observed with Malfoy and Lea. I noticed how she remained silent the entire time Malfoy had been babbling. If she doesn't want to marry the git why does she not say anything? why doesn't she fight for us? 

"Hey Harry," I am pulled out of my thoughts as Hermione sits next to me. "How have you been?"

"Brilliant," I say with gritted teeth. "What about you?"

"Okay, I guess. You know Luna has told me how her sister doesn't know what love truly is. She focuses too much on her visions that she forgets she too is a human with a heart she has yet to use. I will never understand her but you did Harry."

"That is where you are wrong Hermione. I never understood her and I don't know her. Not anymore." I look away searching for some other topic to talk about other than the princess.

"Harry you loved her. I have seen it between you two. Why let Malfoy get her? He is a slimy git just talking nonsense."

"Malfoy is going to marry Lea." I remind Hermione. "He is going to be the prince and Lea is going to be a princess."

"But that isn't what Lea wants." my eyes meet Hermione's brown eyes. "Can't you bloody see properly that she doesn't like Malfoy?"

"then why does she not fight? why does she let Malfoy boast about something false?"

"I...don't know Harry. But one thing I do know is you need to get her alone and ask her what she truly wants in her life. Who does she love? Only you can get her to confess before it is too late." Hermione says giving me hope there can be a chance to fix this.

"I will try but I can't do much if she isn't willing to cooperate. She even evaded me when we walked in the same corridor."

"Next time that happens, don't let her go anywhere until you are satisfied and if Malfoy is around, throw him away or just completely ignore him. You and Lea need to talk and I am not taking a no for an answer." I remain silent when hermione gets up with her book and walk off leaving me in my thoughts.

One more chance.