1. Nightmare

I shot up from my bed. I was sweating. Shaking. It was 3 o'clock in the morning. I could still see the vision from my dream, or I could call it a nightmare.

I was alone in my room. I felt tears running down my face. As I was wiping my tears, I could hear footsteps coming towards my room. I quickly got myself back under the covers, and pretended to be asleep. Just then I could see light through my closed eyelids.

"Y/n" I heard a voice whisper.

"Are you asleep?" I could feel the voice coming towards me. I was still shaking so I decided to "wake up".

"Oh hey Flo" I said trying to hide my shaking voice.

"Are you okay?" Flo asked me with a worried tone.

"Of course" I said feeling tears forming in my eyes. Why do I always have to cry when someone asks me if I'm okay?

"I can see that you aren't" she said sitting down at my bedside.

"I could hear you screaming from my room" she said. I must have sleep talked.

"It's no big deal Flo. I'm fine" I said trying my best to seem okay.

"You're shaking. You're not okay" she said staring into my eyes until I admit it.

"Fine, I'm not okay" I said with a shaking tone. Flo grabbed my hand and held it in hers. My tears now began to fall. Like a waterfall. I turned my head away, trying to wipe them of.

"Hey, look at me" Flo said in a comforting way. I turned my head back in her direction. She used her other hand to wipe away my tears. I was now staring at her. I love her so much. More than friends. But that's what we are. Just friends...

"I won't let you sleep alone the rest of the night" Flo said beginning to drag me out of bed. I looked at her confused. What did she mean?

"Where am I sleeping then?" I asked her.

"My room of course" she said giving me a gentle smile. I was now practically out of my bed.

We were walking down the hallway, on our way to Flo's room. We were still holding hands. Flo hadn't let go. I felt a feeling of comfort when walking with her.

We had arrived at her room now, and we had to let go of our hands. Flo got into her bed. While I got down on the floor. Flo sat up from her bed, giving me a confused look.

"You know there is a thing called a bed" she said jokingly.

"Come up here it's plenty of room" I quickly got up from the floor. I was blushing.

I got into the bed. Me and Florence were laying face to face with each other. I was no longer shaking or crying. I felt safe here and now.

"Can I ask you what your nightmare was about?" Florence asked while moving a little closer to me.

"Emmm okay, but promise me don't make fun of me" I said slightly looking up on her. She nodded her head signaling a "yes".

"Me and you were emm hiking on a mountain. And everything went well for a while, until you emm suddenly slipped on something. I remember seeing you fall down a large cliff.." I said slightly shaking again.

"I saw you disappear from my sight, and I couldn't stop screaming for you. But you didn't answer" I felt Florence pulling me closer too her. I was now laying my head on her chest with her arms around my back.

"I'm here y/n. I'm right here. And I will never leave you. You got that?" I nodded into her chest. Now with tears.

"I'll always be here for you y/n. Always" I looked up at her. She was looking down at me. We locked eyes. Wish we could stay like this forever.

I could feel my eyelids giving up on me. Florence had noticed this.
"We should probably get some sleep in before tomorrow" she said pulling my hair behind my ear.

"Sounds like a good idea" I began to move away from the body contact. Thinking Florence probably wouldn't want to sleep with me practically on her. I was wrong. I was pulled back down.

"It's okay, you can stay here" she reassured me. I was now back in the original position. My head on her chest and her arms around my back. We both fell asleep faster then ever before. We were cuddled up like koalas. I want this to last forever. Now only dreams were playing in my head.

"I love you Flo" I whispered thinking she was asleep.

"I love you more" Flo replied while giving me a kiss on my head.

My dreams had now become reality.

———————————————————————————
A/n: Hope you liked this first one shot. Feel free to comment ideas for further short stories in the future.
English is not my first language, so I apologize if there's anything wrong.
Have a great rest of your day :)

🐌