7. Shifting

A/n: So if you don't know what shifting is. It's basically moving your subconscious from a reality to another reality (I recommend looking into it, if you want a better explanation). Anti shifters dni (do not interact). I haven't shifted yet, but this was just for motivation. And how I feel it may be like when I get there for the first time. Yeah that's all. Hope you enjoy :)

Words: 1004
—————————————————————————

My eyes started opening, signaling I'm about to wake up. This time it felt different. It was warm, and I could feel the sun on my face. But it can't be, I live in the north. It's supposed to be cold.

As I realized that, I shot my eyes open. It was a whole new room. At first I was scared, but as soon as I turned my head I died inside. Florence Pugh. The FLORENCE PUGH. Is sleeping in the same bed as me. My mouth opened in an 'O' shape. I turned my head away from her, just staring out the windows. The clock on the wall read 6 am.

I started touching the duvet covers, now realizing how real it is. I'm in my fricking dr (desired reality). I know I needed to get some emotions out, but I couldn't do it here. Flo would think I'm crazy. I was still trying to comprehend that Florence is literally right besides me. I lifted the duvet of me carefully, then sat up on the bed. I could now see the amazing view we had outside. After I admired the view a bit I got up on my feet.

The bathroom was right beside Flos side of the bed. So I had to be quiet. I walked over to the bathroom door, and I just stared at her. I hadn't seen her face until now. I'm squealing on the inside. When I got in the bathroom, I locked the door behind me. Fuck, it was loud. No sounds came from our room, so I sighed out relieved.

I sat myself down on the toilet seat. Trying to comprehend what has just happened to me. I did it. Tears filled my eyes, as I now finally feel at home. Quiet sobs left my mouth as I was so relieved. The silence was soon disturbed, as a knock was heard on the door.

"Darling, you in there?" a soft voice spoke from the other side. My eyes shot up from my position, now widened. She's talking to me.

"I- I'm fine. Fine" I stuttered out. Now standing, walking over to the door.

"Are you okay? Your voice sounds cracked" she asked in a worried tone.

"Yep all alright in here" I spoke. The reflection in the mirror looked like a mess. I had cried a bit more then I intended.

"I'm not quite sure if I believe that love" she spoke. The nickname. Call an ambulance please. She tried opening the door but it was locked.

"Could you open the door for me please" she asked in a comforting tone. It took me a while to unlock it, as I had to get myself mentally prepared for this moment. I would in a span of a couple seconds, be met by the love of my life. I then turned the lock.

I turned my back from the door, trying desperately to remove the tears on my face. Then I felt two hands on my hips turning me around. I froze. Flo tilted her head, looking at me suspiciously.

"You've cried, I knew I heard something" she softly said, caressing her hand on my cheek.

"I well, yeah maybe a little bit" I said, scratching the back of my neck, trying to act normal.

"You don't have to hide, you can always talk to my love. That's what I'm here for. Now tell me what is going on in that mind of yours" she asked, waiting for my answer. I couldn't really tell her the truth, so I came up with the first thought that came in.

"I had a nightmare" I said. Looking at Flo hoping it convinced her. She pulled me into her embrace. I melted into it the second we touched. Her hair smelled like coconut and I loved it.

"Oh I'm sorry for that love. Let's get back to bed, I can cuddle you so you'll feel better" she whispered in my ear. I nodded into her embrace and was quickly lead back to the bed.

As I was about to lay down, Flo opened her arms signaling that I could lay on her stomach. Is this real? I thought to myself. I accepted her invitation, and laid comfortably, with my head on her chest.

I started tearing up a bit, because this is what I've been trying 2 years for now. And I'm finally here. Flo covered us with the duvet. I'm sure we looked like some sort of burrito.

"We have the day off today. So you can sleep here for as long as you want" she said, rubbing my back soothingly. I smiled at her action.

"That sounds nice. I'm home" I say not thinking much about it.

"Home?" Flo questioned.

"Yeah home. You make me feel at home" I look up at her, admiring every bit of her face. Flo smiled at me, like really smiled at me.

"I love you more than anything" she spoke as she lifted my head up for a kiss. It felt amazing, like all the good things in the world melted together. I couldn't help but to blush when we separated.

"I love you in every universe Flo" I said cheekily, knowing I've actually come from another universe. A yawn escaped my mouth, as the lack of sleep now set in.

I laid my head back on Flo's chest.

"Get some sleep love, you need it" I heard Flo laugh a little.

"I'll be here right when you wake up" she said leaning down, kissing the top of my head.

——————————————————————————-
And one last thing before I go.

Can we just talk about..

This look. And how she just is so inspiring. I'm so happy we get to live in the same time as Flo. The world really needs more people like her. She ate and left no crumbs.