CHAPTER I: The Beginning of The End.

2 days later, everybody showed up again, except for one person...
Pico was missing.
"Hey, Cap? Do you know where Pico went? He didn't show up today.", Alien Hominid asked.
"I dunno, probably overslept. You know him.", Cap joked.
"I-it may be nothing, but I'm still a-a little bit wo-worried for him... what if something happened..? No, I-I don't want to think about it...", Salad Fingers shuddered.
"Don't worry about it! He's fine! Besides, if he WAS caught, he has a gun. A really powerful one, at that!", Matt reassured him. Salad Fingers' expression calmed, but he was still a little uneasy. "Oh.. okay, if-if you really think s-so..", he said.

3 days later,
The Eddsworld gang was gone. "I-Im telling you, some-something's wrong...", Salad Fingers shakily whispered.
"We need to-to go check if something has captured them...", his eyes rapidly darted as his breaths became shaky and fast.
"Calm down, big guy! Nothing got them, it's probably just a coincidence. Stuff like this happens a lot, remember? Just relax and enjoy the moment.", Alien comforted.
"I don't know, he could be right. 4 people missing in 5 days? That could be an emergency. But we don't know for sure yet. Let's just go home and take a break to stay safe.", Captain John advised.
"Th-thank you, I feel as if s-something is devastatingly off...", Salad Fingers breathed a sigh of relief.

Salad Fingers went to his friends, ENA and Monster, and told them about the situation. They looked at him, then each other.
"That's suspicious.. that can't be a coincidence. Are you doing okay with it?", ENA whispered in their male voice. "I-I don't exactly know... It's just so strange that so-somebody as powerful and skilled as Pico w-would go missing for 4 days... should we do something??", Salad Fingers asked. Monster looked around wearily, and looked him dead in the eyes.
"I knew I wasn't seeing things...", he whispered under his breath. "......What did you see...?", ENA said in their female voice while slowly looking up toward him. "Tom. He was getting.... dragged off somewhere by some guy with a mask on. Looked like a grey skull with red eyes.", Monster cautiously whispered. Salad Fingers' blood ran cold. He froze, covered his mouth and started to shake.
"That's.... that's.. oh my- oh my, God... that's Convict, and it's not a mask! W-we need to tell people NOW. This i-is an e-emer-emergency, we have to-", he started to panic as ENA cut him off.
"Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah!! Woahhh, calm down, buddy! Who the heck is convict!?", ENA quickly grabbed him and asked. "Big enemy, h-hates the guardians and h-he desperately wants to take over and de-destroy Newgrounds! He's really awful news...", Salad Fingers choked. ENA and Monster calmed him down and began to comfort him, as they now knew the situation was dire.
"We'll get help, I promise. Just please be careful, we know that you're a guardian and we know that puts a target on your back.", ENA said in their female voice.
"Yeah, we'll help ya out in any way possible. Just be careful, will ya?", Monster chimed in.
Standing just outside the Café, in the alley was the very group of enemies that had failed so many times. They weren't going to fail again.

"This is just the beginning.",
Convict growled.

"The beginning of the end."