Chapter Six

You'll never love yourself half as much as I love you.

You'll never treat yourself right, darling, but I want you to.

If I let you know I'm here for you.

Maybe you'll love yourself like I love you, oh.

And I've just let these little things slip out of my mouth.

'Cause it's you,

Oh, it's you,

It's you they add up to.

And I'm in love with you,

And all these little things.

I dance around in my room to "Little Things" by One Direction while getting ready for my date with Gabe tonight. I am still trying to figure out this "love misconduct" idea that Jeff suggested. Where I go out on dates with both of them, and choose the one I fall the hardest for. I'm laugh to myself when I think about it. How hard could it possibly be to choose? But then reality hits me.

I've only known Jeff for a day, but I can't help but find him on my mind constantly. His captivating smile, the way his dimples show deeply. The sparkle in his gorgeous, chocolate brown eyes. The way that he told me last night during my breakdown that he felt the same way about me. I look into the mirror and see that my cheeks are a deep pink; probably from thinking about Jeff. A smile spreads across my face as he enters my mind once again, but then Gabe enters my mind.

The blond, tall, Swedish captain with beautiful, blue eyes. The man who stole my heart the moment I laid eyes on him. Our friendship has grown stronger and stronger,  but I have a feeling the love misconduct will have an affect on it somehow. Because, what will happen if I do, by chance, choose Jeff over him? What will he do? The thought of him doing something stupid scars my brain, sending visions throughout my mind. I don't think Gabe would do anything, but even the strongest people have meltdowns. I couldn't bare it if I was the cause for his suffering.

The thoughts get shaken when I hear a knock on my door. I slowly make my way over towards the door and open it, only to find a dimple faced boy standing in front of me. A smile spreads across my face at the sight of him, and I can feel my cheeks turning pink. I usher him into the room and slowly close the door. I turn around to see his brown orbs staring through my blue ones, releasing the butterflies within my stomach. I look down at the floor and  bite my lip, then I feel a hand push a strand of curly hair behind my ear. I look up at him and see him smiling at me, causing my heart to melt.

"You look beautiful," he says with a smile, causing me to turn even more pink.

"Thanks." I mumble as I look back down at the floor, then quickly back up at him.

"Gabe's waiting for you." Jeff says as he slowly makes his way towards the door. "He sure is a lucky guy."

"Don't worry, Skinner," I reply as I walk up towards him, our chest practically touching. "I still have to go out with you, which I am very excited about."

"I just have this feeling," he says barely above a whisper.

"About what?" I ask as I raise my eyebrow in confusion.

"Oh, nothing," he replies. "Go out and have fun. But not too much fun, if you catch my drift."

"I'm not that kind of girl, Jeff." I giggle as I push Jeff in the arm, and make my way down the hallway, Jeff following me.

"I should hope not!" Jeff chuckles as we make our way into the living room.

I look around the room and Gabe is nowhere to be found. I spin around countless times, then turn towards Jeff. He raises his hands in the air and shrugs, sharing my look of confusion.