~4~

Nobody came to his cell for the next few days, but he kept his anxiety hidden like he usually did. Killua just had some bread, it didn't smell that bad and he needed food. He honestly would've left already if not for waiting for someone to come to his cell because they recognized the drawing he'd made. He'd give it a week, then leave. Killua was just relaxing with a book in his cell when there was a banging sound. "ALRIGHT, TIME FOR SHOWERS TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT! EVERYBODY OUT!" showers...

Killua found himself standing in a room against the wall with about 30 other men, looking directly at the ground. Not a single one of these people have decency. "Hey you with the white hair!" Killua didn't look up. "Yeah?" He knew it was one of the men who was watching the prisoners. "Thought you were a clean freak, time ends in 5 minutes so get goin'. You won't get another chance until next week" next week? Are you kidding me? Killua looked the guard in the eye. "Can't I wait until everyone else leaves?" he said dryly. "Nope" Killua sighed.

"Alright then, fine you win" He said, slipping off his shirt. The entire room fell silent, he was sure everyone was looking at him. "What the fuck-", "damn-", "holy shit-", "Hey kid, how old are you?" Killua glanced up with a sigh, placing his hands behind his head. "mind your own damn business" Everybody was still looking at him. He huffed. "13" There was a shocked silence, and he heard someone whistle. Killua chuckled. "I know I'm hot but you can stop staring like a bunch of pedophiles"

Killua managed to keep his back to the wall the entire time, which was nice. The downside was that he had to keep moving his eyes and try not to look at anyone. He was the youngest and shortest by a longshot so looking up wasn't an option. If he lifted his head even slightly he'd probably be scarred for life. Prison sucks.

A few days later Killua was humming in his cell, he'd leave at midnight. Killua would rather break into people's houses and steal food then stay here. "H-hey..." Killua blinked, then glanced up. He stiffened, there was someone directly outside his cell. "This is cell 302...right?" Killua stopped humming and sat up, then beckoned him in. He looked to be in his early 20s, and Killua looked him in the eye. "I assume this is about the picture?" He nodded. Killua's eyes grew cold and he tensed. "When and where did you see him?"

"U-Um...he was here at the prison about a week ago-" Killua grabbed his arm. "Where is he now?" The man smiled awkwardly. "he got moved apparently because I hadn't seen him since-", "I SAID WHERE IS HE" Killua snarled. The inmate froze, eyes wide in horror as Killua brought a claw to his neck. "I SAID I DON'T KNOW! I ONLY SAW HIM ONCE!" he's....not lying. When you put a knife to someone's neck they don't keep secrets. Killua shoved the prisoner away from him and turned his back, fists clenching. He heard the cell door slam shut as he ran out. There must be...files right? All he had to do was break into the database.

Killua bided his time, waiting until nightfall to strike. Not midnight, but nightfall. You'd expect someone to strike at either dawn or midnight, a little bit past nightfall is when people get lazy. Once the guards were changing from their daytime to nighttime shifts. He'd already located the office, all he had to do was break in. Killua activated Zetsu and silently slipped into the room, it was one of the easiest break-ins he'd ever done. Killua went through the files as quick as he good, muttering under his breath. "Gon Freeces Gon Freeces Gon Freeces Gon Freeces-"

Killua grinned as he found the name, turning on a light and looking at the paper. "Gon Freeces, age 13, arson-" Killua snorted. Of course he would. He kept reading. "Relocated to..." He trailed off, squinting. The location was blurred, not only was it blurred but it looked like another language. Goddamn it- "FREEZE AND PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR!" Killua quickly set the files ablaze with a little Nen, then turned to realize that 5 officers were standing at the doors with guns. One of them gasped as they saw a spark. "The files!" Killua let out a wave of bloodlust and they trembled, guns shaking. Killua swerved and kicked the burning papers at them, causing them to shout and panic. Then, Killua smashed through the wall again and started running.

A siren went off but he didn't stop, activating Godspeed and bolting as fast as he could. Killua only stopped when his Godspeed ran out, at which point he stopped and panted with his hands on his knees. How do I find Gon... knowing that idiot, he'd probably be breaking out of whatever prison he went to. But if I'm having a hard time, so will he. He'll probably keep getting caught. So, he made a decision. Killua stole a phone and googled the nearest prison, then started walking.

He started getting himself caught on purpose, searching the files, burning them, then breaking out. A few months passed in this cycle, he'd been to about 10 prisons that Gon had been in but whenever he went to a prison that he'd been moved to he was already gone. Killua had started in the U.S, but eventually had to go to some place called Japan. Killua had to stow away on a plane to get there, and then he was too late to intercept Gon anyways. About 4 months later, he had to spend his 14th birthday in a Finnish prison cell. Killua stopped trying to act like a normal 14 year old, dropping his carefree attitude and keeping his anxiety under a cold icy demeanor.

Life seemed to be a frustrating never ending cycle for about 6 months, until one day when he got himself caught he was being shipped somewhere. He was placed in a dark cell, inside of a large helicopter, surrounded by 20 guards, and with sound proof walls. When he got out again, there was a guard with an odd tail that seemed to be made of a red material, but it wasn't actually growing from his body. He also reminded Killua of a monkey for some reason. "Welcome to Nanba prison, prisoner 1399"

1083 words

To be continued...