~5~

Killua was allowed to keep his mask and his undershirt, he'd picked up the mask 3 months ago when they were given in a prison that was placed in an area with some sort of disease epidemic. He painted his number on it so he kept it since then, it was a nice addition to his otherwise bland outfit. He was given an orange suit, which made him internally cringe. Orange and blue did not go together. Killua cut some slits into the pants to at least try to make his outfit more fashionable. He was given a card to examine, Killua guessed it was how he was listed in his files.

"Number 1399" Killua glanced up at a guard, he had a hat and a strange cross shaped scar near his eye

"Number 1399" Killua glanced up at a guard, he had a hat and a strange cross shaped scar near his eye. He pulled up his mask to cover his mouth, looking him dead in the eye. "..." The guard didn't seem phased. "The name's Hajime Sugoroku, supervisor of building 13. behave yourself and I won't have to use force" Killua internally scoffed, glancing around and surveying the room around him. Force? You really think force will work on me? Killua said nothing though, it was no different than usual. All he had to do was find the file room, then break out. Judging by the technology in the room, they would probably be online files.

"I know what you're thinking" Hajime said, and Killua's eyes were drawn back to him as he took out a paper. "Or so you think" Hajime chuckled. "Your records say that at every prison you've been to for the last 8 months you find the records office and go through them, then if their paper you burn them right before you escape" Killua said nothing, wondering why he wasn't given handcuffs. He was outside his cell wasn't he? "Good luck finding the records office in a building this big kid, aint gonna happen" Killua frowned slightly into the mask, then activated En. A map was dropped into his hands and Killua blinked in surprise. My En doesn't even cover... a 25th of this whole place...

"Let's go number 99" Killua paused, glancing over at Hajime. How'd he know my....wait. Killua thought back to his number tag. Oh. He's just shortening it. Killua dropped the map and followed, observing as he went. Killua instantly took note of how clean it was, not a single speck of dirt. His eyebrows raised. "it's so...clean" Hajime chuckled. "This is the most fortified prison in the world, with all the latest technology"

"Thank god" he muttered. Hajime glanced at him with a slight narrowing of his eyes for a moment before continuing on his way. Killua was silent for the entire tour, taking in his surroundings. So far this prison seemed to be the most unique one he'd been to. "you'll be sharing a cell with 4 people" Hajime said, and Killua internally groaned. Great. "wait here while I explain the situation" Killua waited outside the cell while Hajime went in, and he could hear voices.

"oooh, a new inmate?", "what's their name? how old are they-", "are they super cool like the ninja guy-", "I wonder if he appreciates good food-" they all talked over eachother so he tuned it out. They sounded so chaotic....great. "Come in number 99" he walked in on cue, and was greeted by 4 curious faces, all males. The green haired male tilted his head a little. "woah he looks young" Killua said nothing, and there was an awkward silence for a few moments. "So are you...gonna introduce yourself?" the black and red tipped haired male said, glancing at him.

"No" he said flatly, walking in and surveying the room. "rude" one of them muttered, but he paid no mind. There was a small table, some cushions, a couple cabinets, a T.V, all in all pretty good for a prison cell. He also noticed a vent in the room, but elected not to look at it at the moment. "alright have fun, seeing as you'll be here for pretty much the rest of your life" Hajime said, before exiting the room.

The green haired male suddenly appeared in front of him. "Hi! I'm Nico! I know you're not much of a talker but-" he turned away, eyes darkening. He couldn't...help thinking of Gon. "You seem to lack manners" the braided inmate said dryly, laying on his stomach with crossed legs. "the name's Uno by the way" he nodded curtly, then glanced at the male with purple and red hair. He blinked. "Oh, I'm Rock" he looked over at the last one, who yawned. "Jyugo"

Killua hummed, before walking over to a beanbag and sitting down on it, crossing his legs. "soo....wanna watch anime with me?" Nico said, eyes shining. Killua shrugged. Why the hell not. I'll need to plan at night anyways. He scooted the beanbag over to the T.V and Nico beamed, then turned on some show about...robots?

Killua got bored halfway through and examined the map. Nico glanced over at him. "There really is no use" he said. He glanced up, "Hm?" Nico smiled. "This is the final destination, there's nowhere else to go from here. We're all here because of how many times we've escaped." Killua paused.

"so...this is where the ones they can't keep contained anywhere else go?" he said. Nico nodded. "Mhm!" well...that changed things. Knowing Gon, he'll be escaping too. Which means it's only a matter of time until he arrives. Killua set the map aside. It's only a matter of time until I see him again now.

924 words

To be continued...

hey shippers! I know it's been a while but I've been trying to get back into writing and this was the first one that I got inspiration for. wrote all the paragraphs below number 5 at 4 am though