Chapter 11: It's finally here

AN: Holy shit 

Hello

I am back from the afterlife, I completely forgot I had a Wattpad-

But I have sworn myself a blood oath /j that I will finish this story! Because it's SOMEHOW still getting reads. I don't remember the true end. So Imma make up a new one.

Let the angst begin.

How did I get here?

.

.

.

Your head is pounding, eyelids too heavy to open. The room is cold and reeks of disinfectant. There is a large hand holding your own. Is that crying you here?

Teddy Bear?

The words don't come out. Your ears ring.

Focus Focus Focus

You strain to remember what had happened, how you had gotten here, and why, what you think is Tai, crying.

~~~~~

You were curled in FatGum's arms, he was gently snoring. It would be almost adorable if your phone wasn't blaring some random song you'd set as your ringtone. It was the police chief. You gently sit up hoping not to wake your sleeping boyfriend. "He...Hello?" you yawn and rub your eyes.

"Empath?" the police chief's voice sounds much more awake than your own.

"Yes, it's me, what's wrong?"

"We have received information about uh," he clears his throat, "father's whereabouts. Did he send in a carrier pigeon?"

You hear a quiet confirmation from his side, "Weird...Anyway, he wants to talk to you about your mother. Says he'll turn himself in if you come alone. Of course, you don't have to! But if you do so we promise to have a team waiting and hidden to come to your aid if things go south."

You look to the sleeping blonde beside you. Should you wake him? Ask him for his input? No...he'd want to come with you. You can't risk your "father" running away if he smells trouble.

"I'll do it," you stand grabbing your hero outfit being as quiet as possible.

~~~~

The wind blows through your hair. Colored leaves do backflips near your feet. You can't help but feel bad that you're here, and Tai doesn't know. You'd left him a note, but you had to leave your phone at the police station. This was something you HAD to do. You hoped he wouldn't be too upset or worried.

A breath fills your lungs and you release it slowly. Opening the door to the abandoned building you were to meet and walking down the small hallway, you hope for the best. There was a small listening device on your outfit, hidden in the design. You knew if things go wrong, help wasn't too far away. You should be safe.

You are going to be safe....right?

AN: Hello again! I know this is really short but it's like 1 am. I wanted to give you all at least this little teaser. I'm quarantined all week so I will have time to write more!

Again thank you so much for enjoying this book. It never expected it to get the attention it got ^^

Have a good day!