Abduction: Chapter 4

During your and Taishiro's rounds you receive an urgent call. The police say they have a suspect they need help reaching and calming,  to question. Arriving at the destination, you see its an abandon warehouse. The police meet you in front of a sealed of part of the large building. An officer hands you both a file and the chief speaks, "His identify is unknown, all we know he's known on the streets as Short blast or SB. His quirk allows him to blast everything and everyone away in a five foot radius."

Fatgum nods,  his expression changes to serious and concentrated. You hand them the file, "On the phone,  you said the suspect needed to be calmed?"

"Yes, we are certain he worked for the villain Psych. "

"Psych?"

"He is the biggest drug boss at the time. His quirk allows him to mess with the heads of those he touches for a certain amount of time, " explains Fatgum.

"Sounds horrible, " you comment.

"Yes,  now let's go in,  we need to restrain him before he escapes. He's our only lead."

Nodding you, look to the chief who opens the secure doors. You and the larger hero cautiously enter. The doors shut behind you and you can see the tortured thug on his knees in the middle of the space. The low sun shone in through a large hole in the rotting wood ceiling. The two of you calmly approach him,  scanning the area and observing the man's slightest movements.

As you slowly get closer,  you can hear him mumble, seemingly random, words. "Short Blast?" you say stopping at a short distance. The thug's head slowly turns up toward you, but his eyes seem to stare right through you. His hazel irises seem empty. You feel sorrow for this villain, he surely  didn't deserve such a fate.

You step closer once more, hoping to get close enough to touch and take so of this broken soul's burden. You couldn't make him completely forget, but you could put a metaphorical wall up taking him and making it harder to remember the trauma. Before you could get close he screams, "PLEASE DON'T! " and you are sent flying backward. Fatgum hurries to you and catches you before you can slam into the wall. You groan, this wasn't going to be easy.

Fatgum couldn't do much to help, his quirk wasn't exactly useful on this situation, other then to break for fall.  Stubborn you try yet again, more screaming and you are sent flying once again. You huff,  you try from many different angles,  but the man is too scared to let you near. There has to something you can do. You pace around five foot boundary, watching and thinking of what to do.

Taishiro watches you both,  ready to jump into action if needed. You stop suddenly, the thug was holding himself still mumbling words now and again. You listen as best as you can. Soon something clicked these words are familiar to you. You whisper the words to yourself.

A song.

A song!

He is mumbling lyrics to a song!
Quietly you pounder, trying to remember if you knew this song. You did,  thank goodness you did.  It was a long shot,  but maybe if you sang the song you'd soothe or distract him long enough to get close. You take a deep breathe you didn't like to sing in front of  others, you thought your voice was ear drum torture,  but you are a hero and heros do want they have to,  to save a life. 

Softly, you began singing. You slowly increase volume as you grow more comfortable. Taishiro stares at you,  your voice is angelic to him. He doesn't know why you are singing,  and it made it slightly harder to concentrate, but nevertheless you amaze him. As you sing the broken man turns to you, going quiet. He seems calmer, you continue to sing and very slowly get closer.

"M-My Ma... Used... Ta... Sing... T-that to... Me... W-when I was... S-scared, " he softly says. You keep singing, in reach of the distant eye man.

You touch his shoulder.

His panicked blast hits you just as hard as his emotions. It hurts,  almost unbearably so. You feels tears stream down your cheeks, as you close your eyes. You could hardly feel the physical pain as you make contact with the wall. The portion you took from this broken man was enough to make you see your own nightmares.

You don't hear as Fatgum yells for you to respond. You shake and grit your teeth. You need something to bring you back to reality, something to ease the pain. Your body aches from the hit you took, so you couldn't use that to pull yourself out of your mind. You feel the fear wash over you, you need something.

That's when you feel it.

Something soft.

Something warm.

Like a, "Teddy bear."

That's it! Fatgum!  Taishiro!  You cling to his body and picture his smile. Slowly the pain fades as you repay the 48 hours you spent with him, so far, through your head.

You barely know him, but he makes you happy. You glide back in control of your mind. You open your eyes to see an extremely worried Fatgum. You give him an small assuring smile. You chuckle, "I guess... I b-bit off more.... t-then I could chew. "

You collect yourself and look around you.  You are back at his house. You make a face, "When did that happen?" Taishiro notices your confusion,  "Y-You were out for about three hours, they told me you would be ok. They said we could come in tomorrow for questioning since you both were unconscious." He blushes slightly, even in pain you called him... he pushes his thoughts away.

You yawn, unknowingly lean onto the hero, "That's good... because that took a lot out of me," you feel the exhaustion weighting on you. He see you drift to sleep

"Good night... Y/N"

Edit: A/N- the title is fore shadowing ;)