The meeting: Chapter 1

"Empath, L/N Y/N, " the chief of police introduces you to the large hero across from you. He has a serious but friendly demeanor.   "Fatgum, Toyomitsu Taishiro, " he motions to the hero. 

Another officer stepped forward, "I'm sure you're both wondering we asked you to this meeting, " he clears his throat, "Empath, you discovered the drug and gathered information from it's past users, correct?" You nod, it wasn't easy. "Where are  the suspects now?" Fatgum asks seriously.

"The victims are in the hospital currently,  the drug boosts their quirk  sufficiently  but causes damage to they user directly after it wears off," you look up at bigger hero.

"Fatgum and you will be working together for this case," the officer hands Taishiro a copy of the case files you and the police have. The chief speaks before either of you can ask questions, "Fat has been known for helping us take down drug cartels, so he's more experienced in this field. We understand you are used to working with interrogations, questioning,  and restraining villains."

A man runs in and whispers something to the chief.  He nods, the three men start to leave,  "I'm truly sorry to leave so abruptly after this news, but I have a very important matter to attend to. "
The chief closes the door behind them,  leaving the two of you to get  to know each other. You sigh,  turning to Taishiro,  who is already smiling at you. You smile back,  he was pretty cute.

"So," he breaks the tension, "he said you weren't used to this line of work,  what's your quirk? " he crosses his arms on the table interested.

You take a moment to answer, "  My quirk is dubbed,  Empathy. I can heal most wounds,  by taking  on the other's pain,  I can also inflict damage done to myself onto other people.  I have the ability to feel the other person's emotions and project emotions onto them," you answer.

"Meaning, you can cause confusion or mental pain to restrain someone, " he looks at you in thought, "I'm sure it helps to know how your patients or those you rescue feel."

You nod, "I also heal a faster when in a good mood."
"I'm sure your quirk has limitations too."

You concur, "I have to touch the person I wish to affect at least once and I can only feel or project emotions and or injuries up to 5 minutes after I lose contact. If I heal serious or an abundance  of wounds at once, it'll inflect damage onto me."

"What if you project emotion or wounds onto others?"

"It tends to do the reverse to me.  Like if I give them happy and calming emotions, I'll suddenly fell sad and anxiety and vice versa."

"Interesting," he nods and stands,  "Know that I know your quirk, I'd to get to know you!"
You blush slightly, following the big man out of the building.

"Where are you going?" you notice he keeps a pace that's easy for you to match.

"Well,  where would you like to eat? "

"Eat? "

"Yes!" he gives you a cheerful smile. You blush at how wholesome he is. You pick a place and you to talk the whole way there. As you walk the shadowed streets,  vendors more then happily give Taishiro samples of their food.

When you reach your chosen restaurant,  he opens the door for you like a gentleman. You blush softly and walk in. The round hero orders his food and you quietly order something small.

Upon, receiving your food the two of you talk in between bites. Something clicks with you, he was just his amazing personality. Was it too soon to have a crush?

Fatgum  noticed your lack of food and offered you several different things from his ordered foods. "N-no thank you, " you force yourself to reject all the savory food, but just the scent makes your mouth nearly water.
"You've hardly ate and I doubt you want to sit and watch me finish my food!" he tries to encourage you to eat.

"I-I don't like to eat in front of so many people, " this was only half the truth, you saw others starring and whispering. This attention was actually on the hero in front of you, but you felt their eyes were on you. He nods and thinks for a moment before standing, "Let's go somewhere else and eat then, he smiles and motions for the waiter to get a take out bag.

"Do you have a place you would like to go to?" he starts putting food into one of the bags.
"I'm not sure, I've never really been in this part of Japan before," you admit putting the food he had insisted you take, into the other bag.

"Is that so?" he smiles and finishes, paying for the food before you could protest, "Perhaps I can show you around, when we aren't working of course."

You blush slightly, following him out the doors, bags in hand, "That would be nice," you say quietly. You were honestly very happy with how nice he was being to you. Over course, not too many people were mean to you, but they weren't nice either. "So where are you staying while your here?" he tries not to watch too much ahead of you, drawing you from your thoughts.

"I-I hadn't thought of that... I will probably look for a hotel... or something, " you think of where you could stay. Suddenly Fatgum stops, he turns to face you. You still in thought walk straight into his soft chest. You blush and look at him. He beams down at you and blushes as well, "Sorry for making you run into me. I'm hard to miss, " he chuckles, "But nonsense! You can stay with me if you'd like."

You blush more, "I-I'd hate to intrude...."

Fatgum puts a heavy hand on your smaller shoulder, "You wouldn't be! In fact, it would make things easier for us to work
on this case." You agree to stay with him meekly. When you make it to the house, the two of you talk and eat for hours. You got to know the jolly giant and learned some things about the city. After a couple of hours you drifted to sleep in your chair.

Taishiro notices and smiles watching your sleeping form, you S/C, and h/c h/l  hair were more notable in the light of his kitchen. He enjoys talking to you, you treated him like a normal person.  You think he is handsome. His face turns pink as
he cleans up the left over food.

Several times Taishiro calls your name attempting to wake your quiet form. It was late,  you must be exhausted. Blushing he picks you up bridal style, carrying you to the guest room you'd be sleeping in.

It was a decent beautiful room. He walks to the bed,  with his free hand the hero pulls the blanket down.  Slowly he tries to place you in the bed, but you cling to him in your sleep, "T-Teddy bear," you mumble in your sleep. His face flushes red, you are overwhelming cute. Once again  he tries to put your sleeping body in the bed.

You refused to let go. He sighs, "Forgive me," he whispers, as he slides in the bed.
In your sleep you cuddle close to his soft round body. Flustered,  his face turns red.  The man closes his eyes, he feels bad for invading your  space but you would not let go. Watching you snuggle close and he begins to drift asleep too.

"Teddy bear? I could get used to this..."