Rescue: Chapter 7

Your head is pounding

Wait.

Your heart begins to race.

Where am I?  What happened?  Thoughts race around your head.
Suddenly the memories hit you. He knew your name. How? You,  like many other heros,  did all you could to keep your true identities form the public.

"I see you are awake,  Y/N, " his familiar voice makes you open your eyes. He knows your name. What else does he know? How does he know? You,  like the other heros,  tried your best to hide your true identity.

As if reading your mind, "I know a lot about you. But I'd rather not spoil the fun just yet." His piercing eyes watch you with interest. You still can't shake the feeling that you know this villain.
He walks in a circle around you,  almost as if he is looking for something. "Tell me, " he stops in front of you, "What is your quirk exactly?" You blink,  he didn't know your quirk?

You take a moment to realize you are tied to a chair with some kind of gloves on your hands.  Then why had he took precautions to cover your hands?   He sighs, making you look back up at him. Damn he is tall. "I don't have all day dear,  tell me or I'll make you, " he give you an annoyed look.

When you don't reply he shrugs,  "Have it your way, " he says placing a hand on your head. Dispute an internal battle you feel something tell you you could trust him and find yourself telling him everything but your limitations. He let go and after he asks a few questions the trust fades almost like it was never there. You hate this. He is literally playing with your mind.

You clench your teeth but remain quiet observe him.  You make a face full of anger and disgust.  "You know your mother had that same look," he says monotoned,  slipping on a pair of red gloves. Your head snaps up, he knew your mother? He seems to find your surprise amusing, "I told you I know a lot about you, I know you take after her. In looks and personality. How unfortunate for you...neither were very pleasant, " he chuckles to himself.   You struggle to control your emotions.

Was he trying to say  she was ugly or a menace? How dare he, you were on thing, but your mother was everything. She is the reason you became a hero. She is the reason you were safe from him.

"Don't act like you knew her!" you practically growl.

"Ah, but I did," he fixes his tie,  "Perhaps more then you."

"Impossible. "

"Ah ah ah, nothing is impossible. Merely... Improbable."

"What are you trying to say?"

He seems to ignore your question, "Tell me dear, do you remember your father at all?"

You whence at the word, "Father?  Don't make me laugh. He didn't care about us."

"That is where you're wrong,  dear."

"He only ever hurt her!"

"But did he ever lay a hand on you?"

"No... but-"

"Maybe your memory is hazy but if I may as be so bold, he thought the world of you. He paid for your schooling, he bought you toys and necessities, and even though he was a busy man he'd make sure to play with you, tutor you, and talk with you every chance he got!"

"And how would you know that meant he cared? Huh?!"

"Because I may know your mother better then you,  but I know your father better than anyone in this world because I AM HIM!"

That's when it clicked with you,  why he is so familiar. The shock hit you like a bullet train. Tears fill your eyes. This was him, the man who murdered your beautiful innocent mother.

"You...," your voice is laced with poison, "you killed her."

"... No... I didn't," he turns his back to you taking a few steps forward.

"Yes you did!" you hiss fighting your restraints.

"I did nothing of a sort!" his head whips toward you.

"Then what did you do then?!  Huh?!"

"I went to sooth her anger, calm her down, make her trust me long enough to take you. But she panicked...backed up.... And tripped... She hit her head on the stairs as she fell," he looks away from you once more.

"... And why... Should I believe you?"

"Because I hated your mother!  She made my blood boil and my fist ball. But even though my blood flows through your veins she raised you and cared for you. I couldn't stand her, but I could never have slain the mother of my heir."

It is a lot to take in. His words rang with truth and you hated it. You ball your tied fists. All your life you hating him and here he stood regret and truth seeping from his form. 

"Why... Why did you take me?"

At first he is silent, but as he receives a call on his ear pieces he speaks, "I'm afraid that is a story for another day... There is... A lot you don't know about your mother." And with that he takes his leave. Leaving you with a metaphorical pill to swallow.

Hours seem to pass,  and you begin to worry that he may have left you here to die or be found. It wasn't long after the thought crosses your mind that hear a loud explosion. The dark room shakes. There are  yells, screams, and fighting heard all around you. You struggle to free yourself,  this was either really good or really bad.

You just freed one hand when something slams through the wall. A muscular,  bruised,  blonde, with ripped clothes picks himself off the cement floors. "Y/N!" He shouts in a familiar voice. He hurries to your side,  great another random person knew your name. He unties you, the sounds of fighting still surround you.

"I'm so glad you're ok! " he seems like he might cry as he embraces you once you are standing.

"I'm sorry... Do I know you? " you question.

He lets go panic and sadness in his eyes, "Come on I shed a few of pounds fighting but I'm still your Fatgum!"

Your eyes fill once more and you tackle hug him.

Teddy bear