Prologue

Ayanokouji's POV.
(Before events in y2v5 but after the island exam, I know this likely isn't possible but for convenience. Just imagine the special exam is delayed.)

Edit: Commenting is messed up, until like halfway in chapter 2.

Hello, I'm Ayanokouji Kiyotaka.

I'm a second year at the Advanced Nurturing High School.

I wouldn't say I'm special, and indeed to most I appear to be pretty bland, but if everyone knew the truth I think they'd disagree.

I enjoy meeting up with friends, chatting with my girlfriend, and even having the freedom to mostly do what I please. Some may say that my life is simple, but I don't think it could be much better for me.

Above all else, I want to have a peaceful year.

"-otaka, Kiyotaka!"

Seems I was so lost in my thoughts that I forgot I was still in class.

"Sorry Airi, I was thinking."

"Oh no it's fine! I- I mean the Ayanokouji Group was just wondering if you'd want to come to the cafe tomorrow. We tried to message you but you weren't responding..."

"Yes, I'll be there tomorrow. My phone died so I couldn't see what you guys were typing in the group chat."

It would not be wise to inform her that Ike piqued my curiosity as to what a visual novel was and as a result, spent two hours playing it when I was supposed to be sleeping.

The fact that I even played NEKOPARA, after finding a way to play it on phone no less, will SURELY go to the grave.

I wonder what my father would think if he kne-

"Yay!" Airi exclaimed quietly.

I was spared from my horrible thoughts.

"Well we'll see you then Kiyotaka."

"Yeah see you."

She walked back to chat with Hasabe.

Class was over, and I was a bit tired for reasons I will no longer mention.

As I walked out of class, I pondered the idea of taking a nap as soon as I got home.
"Kiyotaka!"

Ah, yes. My beloved girlfriend. She seems kind of irritated for some reason.

"What's up, something bothering you?" I said.

"Of course it is! Why haven't you been responding to my messages?"

"Sorry my phone died. I was using it last night."

"Oh? What were you using it for?"

God why did she have to ask?

"Piano and calligraphy." I lied.

"How come I didn't know you were interested in that stuff until now?" Said Kei.

"Never got around to it until now. I'm pretty fond of it though."

"Well anyways, I was wondering if it'd be okay for me to come over later"

"Sure, will 8 be fine?" I said.

"That's a bit late though?"

"I'm sorry, I just want a little rest."

" Ah mouuuu! Fine! But I'm staying longer when the weekend comes."

"I have no problems with that."

If it wasn't for the Ayanokouji Group, I'd be not much different than a hermit. I have zero plans for this weekend.

"Good then I'll see you then." She said.

She went back to a group of friends that seemed to be waiting for her and I carried on.

I decided to just be present and ignore my thoughts.

They were not doing me well right now.

I made it outside where I could feel the heat of the sun on my skin. It was strangely comforting, but I had no plans to stay and enjoy it. I just had to pass through here to make it to the dorms across from the school.

That didn't mean I wouldn't enjoy the heat and the breeze in the meantime though.

"Hey Ayanokouji! Did you play NEKOPARA last night!?" Ike shouted from halfway across the courtyard.

I froze mid-walk and to an onlooker I probably looked a little strange. I quickly surveyed the courtyard looking for any people that were alarmed by what Ike said. It wasn't busy as class just ended and there weren't many outside at the time, but it wasn't empty.

Thankfully, no one seemed to care. This probably was because Visual Novels weren't popular, something that I was HIGHLY thankful for right now... Yet I still can't understand why he's fearless enough to be so open about it.

I turned towards Ike and said "No, sorry I really don't think it's something that I'm interested in."

Because I couldn't be sure if anyone knew it, I exclaimed that just as loud instead of walking closer like I usually would.

"Oh! That's fine, I have others!"

Unfortunately, he isn't taking the hint.

I signed,"Yeah just tell me about it tomorrow"

"Okay!"

If there is a god out there, please extend your hand and allow me to get home without having to think about what happened last night again.

Luckily, there is.

My remaining walk to my room was uneventful, and a wave of relief washed over me when I saw my bed. Even though today should've been peaceful it sure didn't feel like it.

I became a religious man today.

I took off my shoes and laid down on my bed that felt more comfortable than usual.

As my head was on the pillow, I noticed that I didn't turn off the lights. I decided to get up and do it now before I got too comfortable. As I was walking to the switch, it flipped on its own and the room was dark.

That's strange...

I quickly tried to put my fingers through my palm to check if I was dreaming because palms don't work in dreams.

But it didn't go through...

Suddenly the light that was off, glowed a faint purple.

Huh?

It brightened, so bright that it might've been seen from space, I closed my eyes...

And when I opened them I was in a movie theater with dimmed purple lights large enough to easily fit 200 people. I quickly realized that I wasn't the only one.

I also noticed that there were no seeable exits.

"Hey what!" Sudo exclaimed.

"What's happening?" said Ryueen.

Confusion and panic spread throughout the crowd like a plague.

I turned behind me and spotted Horikita a short distance away. She seemed to also notice my glance.

"What's going on?" she said.

"Trust me, I'm just as confused as you."

"Even in a situation as unfathomable as this, your face is as bland as ever."

I Ignored her words because that's all they were.

From what I've noticed it seems like the entirety of year 2, and year 2 only, is here. I've noticed Chabishira-sensei here and so I assume all the other year 2 teachers must be here as well.

But what is the meaning of this supernatural phenomenon?

No one has even gotten close to teleportation, but what other word could be used to describe me being transferred from my room to here with 157 other people?

The only day I wanted to take a nap this far and I've encountered a serious mortal dilemma.

I don't think I'll ever stay up late again. No, I'm sure staying up didn't cause this.

I will NEVER take one of Ike's recommendations ever again.

I should've stopped playing as soon as I saw the first scene, but curiosity got the better of me.

Karma must be real, and I can only hope that the worst of my horrors have already passed, and that whatever cruel entity has considered my suffering enough.

"I can't believe this is happening right now, normally I'd think I was dreaming." Horikita said.

I responded, "I would too, if I didn't check either."

"I already know it's not one of my dreams, because you're in it." she said.

It doesn't necessarily sound like it, but for some reason I felt insulted.

"What is that... supposed to mean?"

"It means you'r-"

Before Horikita could finish speaking she was cut off by smoke that abruptly appeared in front of the theater in front of the movie screen. The smoke was pitch black, but it also had patches of purple scattered throughout it.

This was pretty unnerving and most people near the smoke fled to the back where me and Horikita were. Koenji, Sakayanagi, and Ryueen were the exception. All three sat where they were with a smirk.

I don't blame them. They must also be aware of the fact that whoever brought us here could've potentially done way worse. In a situation like this running would only delay the inevitable. Unlike them, I see the benefit in surviving for as long as possible because you never know what may happen.

From within the smoke, a ominous voice resonated.

"You must all be confused as to why I brought you here." The mysterious figure said.

A man walked up, a man that I recognize as Tominari Mashima. The teacher of class A.
The screen suddenly turned on and at the top of it was the teacher's name. Beneath it, it displayed... some text? No, from what I'm reading it would almost seem like...

His thoughts?

Before Mashima sensei even opened his mouth, the entity responded "You don't have to worry Mashima, If I wanted to hurt anyone here I would've already done it long ago."

I saw Kouenji smirking, it seems we guessed correctly.