Laments

Jaise's POV

it's been a year since she left me. She left me... They left me... Mom...Dad...Gaille why did you all left me. Am I that unworthy to have you all? Am I? I'm now at mom and dad's grave.

"mom, dad... I'm sorry for letting you two down... I didn't took good care of Sam. This is all my fault. Do you know Rowel? He said me everything that happened. I know that you three are all okay up there. I know that she's with you now. She'll never feel pain.

"You okay?" I looked up at them

"yeah" I said and stood up

"yeah? yet your crying" I touched my face and whipped my tears. I didn't feel anything right now but pain. not physically but emotionally... my wounds that once was heald but now renewed.

"i guess not" I said and smiled at mom and dad. I know that they're not our real parents but they treated us like they're real daughters.

I remembered when they adopted us.

(Now playing Invisible by Hunter Hayes)

we we're both in an orphanage when our parents died. Sam was very we're both traumatized by that incident but I know that Sam's so fragile specially when that demon ruined our lives.

"Albert why won't we adopt this young lady" she patted my head and smiled. she has this bright and calming smile. Her touch, so warm and caring.

"You're right Abigail" this man said. he has this aura that's so securing. You can tell that he can really protect his love one's

"is it alright if we adopt you" The Abigail said. I looked at Sam that's still hugging her knees and shaking. I hugged her and kissed her on the forehead

"looks like you can't adopt her" said the Albert. I felt the sadness in his tone

"but why?"

"Love, we can't adopt them both. We can't afford to give them both a good life. We can't also just adopt one, look at the other one she can't live without the other one." he said and slowly turned away pulling his wife.

days passed by but one visitor came.

Abigail and Albert came back

"now we can adopt the two of them." Abigail said to the old lady that took care of us.

***

we lived with them and they with us. They treated us like their own blood and flesh. We called them mom and dad. They gave us new names.They had given us good education and life. Yet, I know that this won't last for a life time. And that day that my fears will come to life. Only I knew what really happened to us. To our family... to Sam.

Sam became Gaille and I became Jaise. The two daughters of Abigail and Albert Alcantara. I took care of Gaille all my life. I devoted my life for her. And I won't let anyone hurt her. I noticed before that even I see her being bullied I never saw her take it too bad. Before I though that it was normal but a once had read about selective memory loss and I know for myself that had those. I always had guarded her all my life. I know everything that happened to her since she started to studying until she graduated from High School. I protected and took care of her but why did I became so careless to the point that this tragedy happened.

Elly and Lucas's POV

its been a year since Gaille died.

your right. I didn't even noticed the time. It's like it all happened just yesterday.

I didn't even had said goodbye to her. She's a real friend. She never had let me down until the dau she left. That was my biggest disappointment.

Nothing will change Elly even if we lament for years. She left us without saying goodbye.

I really miss her. Her smile her laugh, her looks, her sarcasm and her crazy ideas. I miss her.

***

we are now looking for candles and flowers for our prayers. But I saw a familiar face walk in the chapel. Gaille! I followed her... she really is. I hugged her from her back and tears started to fall down from my eyes

"Gaille, Samantha where have you been? we searched everywhere for you" she slowly took my hands and faced me. I saw her face once again

"ah...sorry... but I think your wrong" Gaille said

"wrong? what do you mean"

"I'm not who you think I am."

"no it can't be your Gaille, your Sam my little sister"

"sorry but I'm not her" she removed my hands and walked away. I just felt my knees went soft and fell on my knees. Samantha.