PROLOGUE - I

1600 AD, July 17.

The sirens are blowing,
The streets are full of screams.
The kids flying their kites,
It's a carnival, like a feast.
We will feed on the evil,
And also on the beasts.
This is our day today,
Today, the humans will recieve.
Everything they ever wanted,
Freedom and peace!

-

A thousand pair of eyes kept looking at the balcony of the royal palace. Everyone waited patiently for the nobles to come and address the people.

In 1400, it was predicted that humanity would win over evils in the year 1600, month July, date 17. No one had ever seen the demons except the ones with royal blood.

The demons existed, they really did. But they were visible to the normal naked eyes. They destroyed the villages and forests. They arrived once in every 5 years. The oldest of the village were traumatized, wondering how they still survived.

The kids were screaming, running around with their kites. The weather was quite pretty and sunny. Everyone was in a great mood since today's day, as predicted, was going smooth so far.

The sirens blared in a melodious tune, with the saxophone leading them, probably meaning that the nobility were going to be in sight of the citizens of this village.

A palace? In a village? One might wonder. To be safe from the crowded area, where the nobility can be harmed, the royal family came to love within the interior.

The king, Yang Jiwon, stood up, looking down at his empire. People from all over the country were here, in this huge empty ground.

"We apologize for the delay, but as it was predicted, we can say that the demons are all finished. They vanished by turning into ashes infront of our eyes. So we can say with full confidence, that Eusympthia will be a free country from now on, as the demon's power is all over now."

The crowd with surprise, screamed all over the area. The king smiled at his citizens and said that there will be a huge feast for everyone in the hall of the palace, and everyone, no matter what their gender or caste is, can enter and be a part of the feast.

But this wasn't over.

The king cleared his throat which brought silence among the people.

"I would also like to announce a special news for you all. Since a few days, we have been trying to grow our kingdom even more richer and purer. For this, we have been keeping our ties with Morverous' kingdom, and now that our friendship is strong and healthy, the king of Morverous and the royal family have decided to...

Arrange a formal marriage between the son of Morverous and our youngest son, Yang Jungwon."