I

TW: VIOLENCE

1600, July 27

"Father, I don't want to get married!" Jungwon said to the king who was reading a few letters.

The king stood up and looked at Jungwon in the eye. "What did you just say, Yang Jungwon?"

Jungwon could feel the eerie aura that was in the air. His father was mad, he knew it well. But after so much thinking, Jungwon had decided to voice out his opinions to his father, so he continued, "I don't want to get married to Sim Jaeyun!"

Thud!

The king slapped his son. The latter fell on the floor, with a red face with hot tears flowing down his soft cheeks. "Do you think your opinion matters? You have no choice but to marry Sim Jaeyun. It's all a made deal!" His father spat out all the anger, but Jungwon wasn't going to take no for an answer, "But I don't love him!!" The king glared at Jungwon and said,

"Love? How can anyone love a girly boy like you? No one wants to marry you for the way you are. Either change yourself or- No, you're getting married and that's it. Just be grateful Sim Jimin agreed to get his son married to you. You have no choice."

Jungwon broke into a sob and covered his face by burying his face in his hanbok.

"What are you still doing here? Get out of my face!" He screamed out which made the son flinch and get up and turn away. "Doesnt want to get married, as if.... I'll make sure he marries Sim Jaeyun."

Jungwon ran up to his room and locked the door. He took off his formal hanbok and threw it away. He sat by the window, hiding his half naked self behind the curtain. He fondled with the edges of under-dress the royalty wore under their hanbok. It was shimmery and silky. The evening shade of pink.

All of a sudden, an idea hit him and his eyes lit up. He was so going to runaway at night. He would jump out from the window, climb the wall and just run! He was tired of his father ordering him all the time, and forcing his decisions made by the kind in his own life. After the queen's death, the king didn't re-marry. Guess he loved the late queen a lot. So, Jungwon began packing and tying his essentials in a big clothbag, and then planned his escape.

-

As the clock struck 1, Jungwon slowly opened the door, trying not to make a creaky sound and successfully went from the secret door which was in the back of the palace.

He kept hearing sounds and was really scared that he might get caught.

Throwing off the clothbag to the other side of the wall, he climbed on the wall. Luckily, it wasn't that high.

The streets were silent, and you could only hear the whistling air ghosting around. He covered his head so that no one can see him. So, he shooted himself towards the forest. There was a different country, since the border was quite close. There was a carnival that would take place, he could get food and a change of normal clothes there.

Dashing through the forests, Jungwon slipped around nine times and felt the insects bitting him. He was in pain, but he wanted to just get out of here, and live a new life. He didn't want to marry, he didn't want to be a housewife just yet.

The lad suddenly stopped. Slowly, his legs were taking him backwards instead of forward. He was teriffied, so terrified. A demon was standing right infront of him. And, it was huge. Humungous, black, slime-faced, disgusting, scary.

The demon was trying to touch Jungwon but the lad kept pulling himself backwards. As he turned around to run, he saw another demon. Twice as huge, Twice as ugly. The lad was in dilemma, he thought he was going to die. He didn't want to do so fast.

He fell in his knees, and tears just flowed like a tap down his eyes, pouring all over his cheeks. "I- I don't want to die.... I don't...Help..." He couldn't scream at all or people would know that he was trying to runaway.

Jungwon felt the demons touching him. Their bodies were rubbing together while one of them were touching the kid's neck. The grasp was getting tighter and tighter and slowly, everything was turning black.

Jungwon kept screaming as loud as he could, "Please leave me! I want to live a good life! I don't want to die just yet!"

"I just want to live an independent life...."

-

do vote and support me :>
to be continued~