Chapter 4: Not everything is lost

After the mess of this morning, Peter decides to walk you home to make sure you're better.
You two are walking in complete silence, without saying a word: you, always looking at the ground and Peter sometimes glancing in your direction, waiting for you to maybe start a little conversation or at least say something since he didn't had a clue on what to do or say. But you were too distraught and deep in your thoughts about the incident to be able to say anything and deep down Peter knew how you felt. Even if for a mere moment, he had seen the sweet relationship that had developed between you and the Doctor. He could see it all above your eyes. The admiration you felt for Octavius ​​and the way he spoke to you, always very calmly and with kind manners and tone. Peter understood perfectly well your mood as he too had almost "lost" a mentor after today. When you reach the building, the boy stops in front of the door.

"Here we are... I hope... I hope you take care of yourself."

He says shyly with his hands in his pockets, always looking at you with that bewildered look, still wanting to make sure that you are okay but not knowing how to do it or how to properly take leave.

"Thank you again for accompanying me, Peter. I am really grateful."

You answer in a low voice, looking at the boy who stood clumsily, waiting for you to open the door, as if to make sure you entered the house. And you do so, but after opening the door you stop for a moment and turn around.

"Would you... Would you like to come up for a cup of tea?"

You ask genuinely. In the end he had taken the trouble to accompany you all the way here without you asking him. It was the least you could do. Also he was a victim of the accident, but he was just worried about your well being and how you were feeling without thinking about himself first.

"Umm... Well I... I don't know... I should go to-"

"Please?"

You clench your fists, hoping you don't look too needy for the protest. Peter looks at you surprised for a moment, a little undecided on what to do.

"I just want to thank you for before. You've been very kind to me and I... I just though about myself. So please..."

You look at him with rosy cheeks, embarrassed by the insistence you are showing but above all you feel guilty for your self-centeredness of this morning. You wanted to make up for it. Peter slightly open his mouth for a moment, staring at you spellbound, trying to come up with words with frowning eyebrows when hearing your words full of sorrow.

"Umm... well, sure then."

He looks at you smiling slightly and you cheer up at the answer. You open the door waving him to enter and he follows you slowly.
Arriving at your apartment on the 4th floor, you invite him inside, heading towards the living room to make sure everything is decently clean as Peter slowly enters with little hesitation while looking around. It is a small apartment of 4 rooms: the largest room that opens on the right, consists of a kitchen and a living room with a beautiful large french window to let the sun in and an archway with a kitchen wall island that divides the two rooms, while the other two rooms are your bedroom and the bathroom, their doors on the left of the corridor. There is also a small balcony which can be accessed from the main window in the living room. You take off your shoes, leaving them next to the sofa.

"Take a sit. Feel like at home. I'll go and put the water to boil."

You warn, before heading to the kitchen to get the kettle and fill it with water. Peter meanwhile continues to look around, observing the humble and simple abode. The living room is equipped with a small corner sofa that almost sticks to the large french window and near it some flower pots. In front of the sofa, a long but low wooden table with some papers neatly collected over it that look like notes, and on the opposite wall there are various shelves, some of which are filled with books which, however, leave room for a small television. A really nice living room. Peter sits down and continues to observe around him, untill you arrive with a tray, placing the two cups, spoons, sugar and some milk on the table.